Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is so strange. Got in my car, started her up and rolled down the windows. I went to lunch and got to the restaurant and went in and ate, came back out and got into my car, started her up and went to roll the windows down... well the driver window went down but not the passanger side. I was like WTF so I reach across and tried the passenger side switch and it worked. So I'm guessing its the switch on the driver side but I also can't lock the car from the driver side but I can from the passenger side. What are the odds that both (passenger window and lock switch) on driver side go out at the same time?

2001 base

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
Pretty good odds, apparantly. :laugh:

I'd pull the panel and make sure everything is connected securely.

·
Space bar issues.
30 Posts
i have two of those door panel tools...god gave them to me lol it just pops off and snaps back in. justdont force it. i also havea used swith if you end up needing it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
im in the same boat did u ever fix the problem. and can I get the door pannel too at eny autopart store

·
I'm Albanian, DUH!!!!
83 Posts
not sure if this makes sense but I looked at the helms and it doesn't look like the power windows and the door lock have any common points other than grounds. Looks like the ones that could be affecting this on a 4th gen are:

G401 >> kinda behind the ECU so I don't see how this would get messed up
G402 and G404 >> by the center console where the stereo is
G521 >> kinda just in front or under the driver's seat

so maybe if you've monkeyd around with the stereo system or your seat for example, your ground connections might be acting up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts