Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...the weight savings would be nice, but i CAN'T STAND the way they look. has anyone painted one to match their stock color? i assume they have some sort of clear coat finish already; i'm wondering if paint will adhere to it.

also is there a way to keep them down without hood pins? can't have that sh1t flying back into the windshield at freeway speeds!

·
Registered
327 Posts
It is possible to paint a CF hood. Should be no problem for anyone that knows what they're doing. I should be getting my CF hood by the end of the week and I don't think it'll look bad on my green prelude. If it does, I guess I'll sell it.

Daniel

grnlude97

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
heres a phatty lude.. ive loved this look ever since i saw it. He painted the middle portion of the hood body color. (pictured with a Evo V)

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
The Evo may have the 'personality' but it'll never win a beauty contest...

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
mark...cf hoods don't have a clear coats to them, it's a gel coating

you can paint a cf hood, but if your gonna do that, just buy a fiberglass hood, it's cheaper, unless you plan to leave a portion of the cf exposed.

you haven't seen my car since i had mine done, but i don't use pins and i've traveled near the century(shhhh) point.

just make some time this weekend to come over and check mine out upclose.

d

------------------
Resist, and you'll be overcome

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DYI01:
DAYM~~!! that lude is phat as hell, hmmmmm Im getting ideas
those cars are money money.

</font>
heheh, paint paint paint!! j/k :p just trying to feed that bug inside of you hahaa

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
damn it's been ages since i've seen your ride. is a fiberglass hood as light as a cf hood? if you went with a cf hood, lightweight battery, took out your spare, jack, heat shield, other misc junk, maybe you could save over 100 pounds. that would be a nice little mod

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HRC:
mark...cf hoods don't have a clear coats to them, it's a gel coating

you can paint a cf hood, but if your gonna do that, just buy a fiberglass hood, it's cheaper, unless you plan to leave a portion of the cf exposed.

you haven't seen my car since i had mine done, but i don't use pins and i've traveled near the century(shhhh) point.

just make some time this weekend to come over and check mine out upclose.

d

</font>

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schwett:
damn it's been ages since i've seen your ride. is a fiberglass hood as light as a cf hood? if you went with a cf hood, lightweight battery, took out your spare, jack, heat shield, other misc junk, maybe you could save over 100 pounds. that would be a nice little mod

</font>
i'm not sure how much a fiberglass hood weighs, but it should be close to a cf hood, i would guess. yes, if you did those mods, you could easily save over 100lbs.

i'm even thinking you would actually like the look of my car, but just wait before you start thinking bowling-ball shoe stuff. either way, if you could stop by this weekend and bring your camera, i would like to snap a few updated shots of my car and maybe watch pter spin donuts at golden gate at the auto-x, maybe meet pork chop and o0OO0o whadayya think?

d

------------------

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that sounds pretty cool (except for the part about meeting ooOOOoo. j/k). this weekend may be good for me after all. was originally hitting the lake, but now i think not.

i'm not sure how much a fiberglass hood weighs, but it should be close to a cf hood, i would guess. yes, if you did those mods, you could easily save over 100lbs.

i'm even thinking you would actually like the look of my car, but just wait before you start thinking bowling-ball shoe stuff. either way, if you could stop by this weekend and bring your camera, i would like to snap a few updated shots of my car and maybe watch pter spin donuts at golden gate at the auto-x, maybe meet pork chop and o0OO0o whadayya think?

d

</font>

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schwett:
that sounds pretty cool (except for the part about meeting ooOOOoo. j/k).

</font>
yea, i've been hearing that o0OO0o is a pervert, maybe we won't want to meet him...

give me a call this sat.

d

------------------

·
Texas
734 Posts
how much do fiberglass hoods cost? and where can i get those tight mugen rims? hehe

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
i would like to snap a few updated shots of my car and maybe watch pter spin donuts at golden gate at the auto-x, maybe meet pork chop and o0OO0o whadayya think?</font>
that lucky bastard got into autoX school this coming saturday!! i don't think he'll spin donuts anymore

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jmcn:
I'm a cheap bastard. What else can I do?
</font>

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
yea, i've been hearing that o0OO0o is a pervert, maybe we won't want to meet him...
</font>

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jmcn:
I'm a cheap bastard. What else can I do?
</font>

1 - 20 of 32 Posts