Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You could drill holes in the intake side (not the clean-air side), to suck more air in from the engine bay. I realise this would be warm(er) air, but the extra volume may make a difference. Has anybody ever tried this?

------------------

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
that's a pretty common mod for the VW folks, most of them think that drilling + K&N is better than most intakes out there.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jmcn:
I'm a cheap bastard. What else can I do?
</font>

·
Registered
943 Posts
yep it works well. I had this setup on my Passat. K&N flat panel filter (40 bux), drilled a hole on the side of the airbox that faces away from the engine. It brings in more / fresher / cooler air and helps a bit.. Also adds a real nice growwwwl
Atleast it did on the VR6

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
yep, i did this on my VW jetta also. And my bro did this on his also. o0OO0o is right...a lot of VW people do this instead of buying an intake. Especially b/c VWs tend to run really hot. All you do is just get a drill and start drilling away. The size and amount doesnt really matter. Just "swiss-cheese" it. It makes a nice growl.

·
PO.com veteran
3,124 Posts
I did that too, on my Golf VR6. Intakes were too expensive at the time so i got the K&N panel filter and a 20mm hole cutter and went to town on it.
PS. Only do the bottom and side that faces the fender. Sounds real nice....especially with the 6

------------------
93 VTEC 4WS & TC (JDM)
"and on the seventh day, God created VTEC"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts