Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am piecing together the rest of my build i have my port and polish intake manifold and today i picked up an 8lb fidanza. next is skunk 2 tunner 1 cams

i want something that is very very streetable but also can take a good amount of abuse. and will be able to hold my goal of 190-200whp

was looking for opinions

Centerforce DF915015 - Centerforce Dual Friction Clutches - summitracing.com

·
Registered
291 Posts
my buddy has one in his turbo scion Xa and it has 157whp and the engine is a 1.5 dohc toyota motor...i know its not a prelude..but he says it has a stiffer than stock feel to the pedal and that the grip was unbelieveable..

·
epicifying since 09!
1,588 Posts
I liked the feel in my first 5th gen. I had it on an OEM Flywheel though. Was a bit stiffer than stock, but nothing like an ACT. Though the ACT was on a Civic, so I dont know since the trans were different.

All in All was a good clutch that lasted till I wrecked the car.....held strong and didnt have any additional noise

·
Warning: User Senile
2,585 Posts
For what it's worth, I loved my clutchmasters dual friction. Held good power, consistent feathering, easy engagement. It wasn't heavy on your foot, did fine in traffic and never smelled after abuse lol.

·
SHIFT_yourowndamnself
1,586 Posts
+1 for the centerforce dual friction clutch. It felt almost like stock but gripped harder w/o losing the OEM smoothness. I would go as far to say it's the best of both worlds...comfort and performance.

·
epicifying since 09!
1,588 Posts
For what it's worth, I loved my clutchmasters dual friction. Held good power, consistent feathering, easy engagement. It wasn't heavy on your foot, did fine in traffic and never smelled after abuse lol.
Jay is thats what is in the car now?
If so its a very light clutch......lighter than I remember, I have had 2 preludes since this one so its hard to tell

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
madcatz what do u mean by nothing like an act, do u mean as in grip or as in it didnt perform like the act?

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
I don't have direct experience with the Centerforce clutches, but I don't think you can go wrong with Competition Clutch. :) They cost a tad more than other brands, but they're worth every penny.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts