Honda Prelude Online banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
about the resistor... i think that it wont work... but who knows... i think that it is like a relay activator... bcause when u turn off the car the antenna keeps going down... so i think that it uses the wht/yel that is 12 constant...

then you will need a relay in the antenna and the resistor should go to the wht/yel that goes to the antenna...
maybe a transistor could replace the relay...

dont know... i will need to try it... or someone... and let us know if it worked

the JDM antenna has a seperate relay attached to it, I just waited for one to pop up on eBay
it will be about the same usdm antenna but with a relay?

about how much you pay 4 it?

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I think I got it for about 100 shipped on eBay. I've seen them go for a little bit more. I hear that you can also use a JDM Accord antenna? Maybe somebody can confirm this for us.

As far as the resistor idea, you are right, it will not work.

The JDM antenna is virtually the same as the USDM with the addition of a relay that controls the height of the antenna, and the extra wire (green/red) in the antenna's harness.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Excuse me...

I{m new in this forum... I´ve got my power antenna (not jdm), not gots any relay, and i´ve got the half mast switch with this colors of wires... Yellow/white... Red... Black... Red/black... Blue/red... And i want to use it just like that... When the antenna is going up, i push the switch to stop it when i want... How i do the wiring? Thank you a lot, and excuse me about my poor english...

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
I{m new in this forum... I´ve got my power antenna (not jdm), not gots any relay, and i´ve got the half mast switch with this colors of wires... Yellow/white... Red... Black... Red/black... Blue/red... And i want to use it just like that... When the antenna is going up, i push the switch to stop it when i want... How i do the wiring? Thank you a lot, and excuse me about my poor english...
this thread is old as hell lol :D it's like from Mezozoic era and sh*t :laugh:

anyways, the JDM Half Switch for the 4th gen Prelude only has 3 wires (green/red - black - yelow/white). It seems like your half switch is not from a Prelude.

·
Registered
5 Posts
if you have wired it to up and down, and it goes down when you turn off the ACC, I believe that with a 5pin relay it can be done, but if you fail to stop the antenna it will go up all the way until u turn the ACC off

about the wiring... I have to view the circuits again..

·
Registered
3 Posts
switch

My switch is Honda OEM... It gots 5 wires cause it got illumination (when you turn on position lights the switch is illuminated), and it got the little green light (like cruise control switch), turns on/off when you activate or deactivate the switch. My antenna is from factory and it goes up when you turn on the radio, and goes down when you turn off... Remember 3 wires from the antenna (yellow/white, black, white/yellow), and 5 wires from the switch (yellow/white, red, red/black, black, blue/red)... I want to stop the antenna when is going up, or down, when i push the switch... So, i think i must hook up from the switch (which wire ???) to the constant power 12+ on the antenna (which wire ???)... Hope you could help me...

·
The Collector
2,721 Posts
My switch is Honda OEM... It gots 5 wires cause it got illumination (when you turn on position lights the switch is illuminated), and it got the little green light (like cruise control switch), turns on/off when you activate or deactivate the switch. My antenna is from factory and it goes up when you turn on the radio, and goes down when you turn off... Remember 3 wires from the antenna (yellow/white, black, white/yellow), and 5 wires from the switch (yellow/white, red, red/black, black, blue/red)... I want to stop the antenna when is going up, or down, when i push the switch... So, i think i must hook up from the switch (which wire ???) to the constant power 12+ on the antenna (which wire ???)... Hope you could help me...
Yes, your switch is OEM Honda, but it's not from Prelude. It's from either Civic, Accord, Integra, CRV etc. Yes it will fit in the slot, but the Prelude switch is only 3 wires.

This is from writeup on honda-tech

1st: cut the old harness from the car (only black - yellow/white - white/yellow)
2nd: attach the JDM harness from the car (green/red - black - yellow/white - white/yellow JDM has green/red for switch)
3rd: take the switch harness and attach the green/red wire to the green/red on the car harness
4th: make a ground for the black wire I used an e-brake bolt
5th: connect the yellow/white wire from the switch to the yellow/white pn the car haress i used some weird 3 way connector thing that i found and
6th: put the switch where ever it will fit i put mine in the options on the e-brake console
7th: test it out the raio has to be on in order for it to go up and then play with the switch and ur done when u turn the car off it shd go all the way down

Go Google Prelude half mast antenna install and info on it, and other write-ups. You will see everywhere it says 3 wires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
for the wiring I believe I used most of the wires from the hazard switch and I run two wires to the half switch, and I used a relay to make the open/close antenna:
one from the radio... yel/wht (OEM), blu/wht (aftermarket) and
one from the radio-to-antenna... yel/wht

grn/red - from switch - unpushed=gnd, pushed=none (switch wire grn/red)
yel/wht - from radio - 12v=open, none=close (antenna wire yel/wht)

to open and close you need a relay... to control the yel/wht
to open/close and pause you need a relay or a momentary switch.. to control the wht/yel (12v) of the antenna motor

but you CANT do both things with one switch, you will need two switch
-one to open or close the antenna
-other to control the height

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why i can´t use the switch to stop the antenna when it goes up? When i turn the radio on, my antenna goes all way up, and when i push the switch, i stop the antenna when i want, at any desired height... When i push again the switch the antenna goes full up, and when i turn off the radio the antenna will go all way down... I use the switch to stop 12v constant... I can do it, don´t ya? Thanksss

·
Registered
5 Posts
ohh... it can be made.. to keep it "clean" i would send a wire (grn/red) from the switch to the antenna and there use the relay to control the 12v of the antenna motor

·
Registered
5 Posts
relay (pause antenna)
--------------------------
85 -- wht/yel - 12v from fuse-to-antenna
86 -- grn/red - from switch - gnd unpushed, none pushed
30 -- wht/yel - 12v from fuse-to-antenna
87 -- wht/yel - 12v to antenna-to-motor
87a --

87 connects to 30 when there is pos(+) and gnd(-) in the 85 and 86 (when the switch is unpushed)

·
Registered
3 Posts
trying to make the half mast with the usdm antenna... im not sure about it... try at your own risk (should not damage it)

relay (open/close antenna)
--------------------------
85 -- yel/wht - 12v from radio
86 -- grn/red - from switch - gnd unpushed, none pushed
30 -- yel/wht - 12v from radio
87 -- yel/wht - 12v to antenna (full open)
87a - yel/wht - 12v to antenna WITH A RESISTOR (should do a half mast or something like that)

V=I*R.... i calculated 6ohm assuming that it have 2A and 24ohm assuming it have 500mA
hi, I also want to connect the switch to non- JDM antenna. Just want to ask is this wiring working?
thanks a lot.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts