Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching around for well over a month or so and I find it hard to believe that anyone with a 96 honda prelude si has never swapped the engine before, and if they did they found a perfectly good US H23a1 obd ii, which is bull**** because I couldn't find one to save my life. Well I purchased an H23a3 obd i because the site I bought it from stated it would work 92-96, and I'm not really a DIY type person so I assumed it would work. I've been searching for info on how to swap it, and all I can come up with is that "It's the same, it'll go right in" which only applies to 92-95. So can anyone tell me how to successfully swap this engine? So far the only thing I found different is that on my old motor, the Crankshaft sensor is with the crankshaft, wheras on the new one (h23a3) I don't know where it is, and there is no knock sensor on the new engine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
im having the same problem but with an h22a1 obd2 swapping in a jdm h22a. its also a 96 and cannot find ANY info, if anyone knows please help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts