Honda Prelude Online banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Thanks, im glad you like it, jsut wait until its tuned and running full power. The city is edmonton alberta.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Im sitting at work kinda bored so i figured i would fire soem more pictures on here.

The last pic, is kinda funny, as in it my buddy is working on his spare ka24, getting it tore apart and ready for some new internals and boost.

Im not a big nissan fan but those Ka24's are so common to come by as scrap that i had to get in on the rebuild of this one.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I spy rear quarter rust! =o

I'm getting really anxious lately reading build threads, saving money atm for a beater then my motor is coming apart for a rebuild.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Yes, there is rust there, but i did a goood job of getting the outer part of the quarter sealed off, i didnt do the inside wheel well. Fact of the matter is, i was suppose to send my car in for a complete restoration paint jobby so that i could get a 19A endosrement from my insurance company (that means the car is a collector, with full restoration classification, that woudl allow me to insure it for replacement value), however, i was struck as by a drunk driver while i was a pedestrain in november and now i have to postpone the body work till this winter.

Whats your plans for your build?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Going to try something daring, someone local to me has had good luck with Mahle gold series on both FI and NA H22's so I'm going to give them a shot, not to be cheap and avoid sleeving but to just test the durability of the FRM liners.

Mahle 11.5:1 pistons
Eagle rods
S2P3 cams
Kinsler ITB's
Possibly S2 flat faced valves to squeeze more compression
Full balance shaft delete, DIY, no kit, not running a belt atm so I'm used to it.
Exhaust manifold undecided (may keep current tri-y rep and 2.5" system until car is running then change when funds are available)

The suspension I'm very happy with, Tein Flex, ESP traction bar and a lot of playing around on the alignment rack got a car that to me feels like the most neutral steering feel possible. The car will keep turning on it's own with throttle around a corner without the need for a lot of input from me turning the wheel, almost like you can let go and it'll keep turning but is still very stable when straight at high speeds.

Stock T2W4 gearbox but may consider changing the diff and FD in it since I wont daily drive it anymore and the gears can be even shorter

Opting to keep the stock displacement and see if I can make up lack of torque with engine response, balancing will be a must, even considered destroking. A lot of things are still undecided, mainly headwork, still may need more compression to get the most of the cams.

Not looking to do anything with the car in particular, like make crazy power or race it, just having fun working on it. I imagine the sleeves should be in pristine condition considering I baby the car as a DD.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
The FRM sleeves have a bum rap for nothing, as the technology behind them makes them a superior product to use, hoeevr they are a btich to deal with.

Due to the nature of the frm sleevesm they are designed to deterioate much slower than say iron ductile sleeve. The big thing with the frm is that they will chew up rings before they have bore issues. I know quite a few people who have repistoned after a hone using mahle gold and have had great success.

The downside to the frm is detonation, as soon as you get detonation you can get pitting in the cylinder walls, as the FRM is fairly brittle. I have a block at home from a jdm h22a that has all sorts of pitting and flakign of the cylinder wall from being ran lean.

I cant wait to see what kind of engine you build up. I absolutely adore your 4th gen man!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Going to try something daring, someone local to me has had good luck with Mahle gold series on both FI and NA H22's so I'm going to give them a shot, not to be cheap and avoid sleeving but to just test the durability of the FRM liners.

Mahle 11.5:1 pistons
Eagle rods
S2P3 cams
Kinsler ITB's
Possibly S2 flat faced valves to squeeze more compression
Full balance shaft delete, DIY, no kit, not running a belt atm so I'm used to it.
Exhaust manifold undecided (may keep current tri-y rep and 2.5" system until car is running then change when funds are available)

The suspension I'm very happy with, Tein Flex, ESP traction bar and a lot of playing around on the alignment rack got a car that to me feels like the most neutral steering feel possible. The car will keep turning on it's own with throttle around a corner without the need for a lot of input from me turning the wheel, almost like you can let go and it'll keep turning but is still very stable when straight at high speeds.

Stock T2W4 gearbox but may consider changing the diff and FD in it since I wont daily drive it anymore and the gears can be even shorter

Opting to keep the stock displacement and see if I can make up lack of torque with engine response, balancing will be a must, even considered destroking. A lot of things are still undecided, mainly headwork, still may need more compression to get the most of the cams.

Not looking to do anything with the car in particular, like make crazy power or race it, just having fun working on it. I imagine the sleeves should be in pristine condition considering I baby the car as a DD.
Use pro2 with that low of compression.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Mini, have you ever thought about using Kelford cams? They are pretty good as well.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Never heard of anyone using them, their stage 2 duration is close to S2P2 but they only advertise lift for 1 lobe on each which I'm guessing is the VTEC lobe. The S2P2 seems like it would be better for having a broad power band rather than peak HP which seems to be the aim of the Kelford cams.

I also just spotted some JUN cams for sale for $800, which seem to be something that'll work for the CR range I'll be in but with slightly better performance than the S2P2.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
^ for sure, one of my buddys swears by kelford, his b motor puts out like a race horse too!

kelford will be my next choice for cams.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was about to put the j32a2 swap pictures in this thread, as he is removing the h23vtec, to put into another platform, and he is replacing it with a j32a2 acura cl type s engine with a manual acura tl transmission with limited slip differential.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here's some pictures of Joshes lates carbon fiber efforts. It is a wire cover that goes over the valvecover, not sure for which wire, although you can see what I'm talking about in the pictures below.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i'm beging to work on an h23 and 5 speed swap this week, been collecting parts for the past few months. great thread for a reference, may possible be receiving a pm if i run into any snags! looking forward to seeing this complete

·
Registered
27 Posts
Josh has gotten the engine programmed by some Kenny guy from the USA, here is some videos of the car as it was on the machine.

Also here are picture's of the valve cover that was modified for this event. I picked the colors!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Joshua has had a number of different things on the go with his prelude, his v6 swap is coming along, although he asked me not to talk about exactly what his plans are with it. We did however pick up a trailer for the car and then took it on vacation with us. Here are some pictures of that:

Also, we have picked up a k20z3 from a 2008-2009 Acura CSX Type S. Its not the same engine that is in my 2008 Acura TL Type S but it is a Type S engine none the less, so for the money we paid for the engine and transmission which is 6 gears with lsd, we could not go wrong. Now we need to find a car to put it in for a winter beater driver car.

Also, just becuase I'm on here, i also wanted to put up a picture of MY Type S, its a 6 speed 3.5 litre acura TL, which is the second biggest J V6 honda makes. It is so nice to dirve and very luxurious!

Until next time!!!

Oh, and Joshua wanted me to ask(and quote) "What is everynoe going to do now that PASSWORDJDM is out of business? These guy were the ONLY place to get real authentic junk for your Honda!.... i guess their supply chian was jsut as ****ty as thier products!".(end quote)

121 - 140 of 144 Posts