Honda Prelude Online banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Yes they will be replacing it, when i get it back from them i will post up pictures of it.

With any luck it will fit much better on the second time around.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Today i managed to get a little bit done on the car. I had built the carbon fiber mounts to hold the fan shroud onto the radiator, as well as made a gauge pod to hold my A/F guage. Then i went to the garage and got most of the odds and ends tied up on the car, got the radiator installed and the valve adjsutment done, the VC on, the fluids in the car( oil, coolant, MTF). Also, i had my spoon strut bar Mount brackets powdercoated candy Red, the bars i polished up and left aluminum.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·

Now everything is done and in the car. The only issue i came across was that i had to trim a little bit off of the battery base as it was close to rubbing on the fan shroud. The i had to remake the j hooks that are use to hold down the battery as i also repalced the aluminum tie down holder with a CF one that i had made. The new j hooks i made out of 3/8 aluminum rod.

The only thigns left are to run the AFR gauge wires through the firewall and then mount the CF gauge pod i made.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
I fired up the motor last night for the first time, after priming the oiling system. It needs some minor adjusting on the TPS as well as some alignment work before it will be road ready, hopefully it will all be sqaured away in the next feew days.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
^ Yes i did make that battery cover, i can always make another.

As for today, well, i felt poorly for keeping a treasure hidden away, far from the sun so i decide i would put it on, just for a while....

Also, i puller out my Anzo halo headlights out (i have some plans for them as well) and replaced them with a set of Type S headlights. I will be installing a set of JDM fogs in the original bumper befor ei put it back on as well.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Always loved the Mugen bumper for the 5g and since yours isn't a knock off the fitment looks perfect.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
^Yes, the prelude Mugen is my favorite of all the mugen series aero kits. This one fit perfectly, looks great and will be awesome when i get it painted and installed.

On another note, last night wheni wen tot put the oem bumper back on, i was going to put some fogs in it however the bolts holding in the usdm fogs are so corroded that i cannot get them out without destroying something, so i left the usdm fogs in and i will just put them in the mugen bumper whenever i switch it out for the oem one.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
I just took the car out for drive and can definetly tell there is an increase in power, throttle response, clutch engagement, and i am quite pleased with how it is driving.

Also, this afternooon i re reto'd the LED tail lights as the drivers side had a large crack in it. I finished them up and then put them in the car and they look and function quite nicely and the pictures do not do it justice.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Ok, so the car has been running excellant; Heres the breakdown:

The built engine wentinto the car, swapped to US OBD2 and then hooked up to a stock h22a4 ECM. This engine runs well on the stock ecm until 5000 rpm. At which point it starts to run lean(right around 13.2 ish, i didnt take it any higher due to this). All in all, the oem ecm will move this car to and fro and as long as your not stomping on it it runs quite well.

Now, i put the oem ecm in just to see for myself how the H23VTEC runs with it, as there isnt too much info on that end of it. However, with a wideband 02, i was able to run the car safely and get some of the clutch break in down.

I will be hooking the Series2 unit up and then dialing in the car, today/tongiht and or possibly tommorow.

Oh yea, i forgot to mentiuon that i got ym AEM wideband temporarlily hooked up, i still need to mount the CF pod on the column then put the gauge into it, for now it is black teaped to the top of my sterrign column. I plan on getting the pod finishe dup to day and mounted, then i will move onto the other stuffs.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
And after...

This turned out perfect as it covers just barely some of the tach and more of the speedo.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·

I have been getting the cltuch rbeak in done, so i have ben doing a fair amoutn of driving in city. Heres a pretty cool video of the prelude with H23 VTEC on road.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 · (Edited)
The dyno will come after i recieve the down tube back from bisi. The tail lights, possibly, although it might take some time as i have a few other thigns on the go.

I figured since i have been lightly cruising the car around to break the clutch in and get eveythign else gently up to speed, i would post some of the pictrues ihave taken around the city. Keep in mind that allt he pics were taken from iphone.

Heres a couple of interesting refelction shots.

This last picture is the actual building.

I have a few videos i will post also.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Update:

So, i put on about 2000 km ont he engine so far. Last monday i went to plug in my series2 and go tuning. However, due to the latest AEM firmware update(v1.24) i have been having issues getting the series 2 to connect using usb. After much investigating i learned that windows 7 has usb compatibility issues. Its funny as the usb issues never matered until the v1.24.

The solution i found was that i needed to buy a serial to usb dongle/conversion cord. For some reason the windows 7 doesnt acknowledge the aem unit or its drivers via usb. By plugging into it with serial cable then using the dongle to convert the signal, the issue is resolved. Kinda pain int he ass though.

Anyway, as soon as the tuning is out of the way i will be posting up a new pictures and videos ect.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Looking good man. Your carbon fiber skillz are pretty sweet. You really need to get that mirror painted and 4 of the same wheels on it though. It's not a civic. lol.

·
Banned
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
^ Yes, i know, i hate the mis matched wheels, however, i am havign issues getting two azenis rt 615 k tyres in 215/40/16.... i had one tire last year go kaputzy after hitting huge pothole/sewer drain/ steel plate on road way. That tire had side wall damage and is now used to hold some very nice lillies. Once i get two i will get them moutned back on the tsw's and then put them on the car. As for the mirrors, these are tmeporary as i experiment converting usdm power heated mirros to power folding jdm mirrors, but with using all the usdm parts so that the mirrors have all the correct veiwing angles.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts