Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bigthumb:I own a 93 prelude s and am wanting to swap an h23 in it. Where can I find all the info I would need about doing the swap?

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
Any reason to put an h23 engine other than it's cheaper than a h22?

It should be the same as swapping in a h22 except you don't have to wire anything for vtec.

I do think there are some small additional things that comes from swapping something into the S model. You should find what you are looking for if you look up swaps from f22 to h22.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
hopefully your getting the 5 speed tranny too, its the only way youll be able to take full advantage of the h23's torque.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info. And yeah, im getting an h23 because theyre readily available close to where I live. and the only way for me to get an h22 is to order online where the cost is just wayyyy too expensive. I was intending on using the 5 speed tranny that came stock with my prelude, is this a good idea?

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
There are some good write ups for H22 swaps that you can follow, just ignore any instructions for vtec wiring.

A helms honda factory service manual is highly recommended. It will walk you through the whole process too: 93 Service Manual

1 - 7 of 7 Posts