Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I know this euro R thing is getting big.. Many ppl say that it outperfoms the Skunk 2 Manifold hands down so my question is will the stock Euro r manifold with the Euro R Injectors, fuel rail and tb bolt right onto the USDM h22a4 head and work with out any problems and no fabrication. I know that you need the IAC adaptor plate.. ANd hopefully in this case that would be it. I already read the right up by 2.2l.. Again i am lookin at using all euro r parts. Injectors / fuel rail and Tb will not be from the usdm head. If I use these parts I Shouldn't have to port match the tb to the IM or port out the runners so that the injectors spray correctly. AM I right Please any and all feedback is really appreciated.

·
Registered
180 Posts
can you clearify why the euro-r outperforms the skunk2 IM? i've been researching preludeonline.com and honda-tech.com for the past week to decide on a intake manifold, and i came down to either the euro-r or the skunk2. my set up is currently stage 2 crower cams, skunk2 valvatrain and cam gears, Mugen header, custom 2.5 exhaust, crank pulley, e-manage..... and I gone with the Skunk2 IM...

there's a guy on ebay selling a euro-r already modify for use for 200$....... i was looking at that one before i got the skunk 2

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
<h22a4> said:
can you clearify why the euro-r outperforms the skunk2 IM? i've been researching preludeonline.com and honda-tech.com for the past week to decide on a intake manifold, and i came down to either the euro-r or the skunk2. my set up is currently stage 2 crower cams, skunk2 valvatrain and cam gears, Mugen header, custom 2.5 exhaust, crank pulley, e-manage..... and I gone with the Skunk2 IM...

there's a guy on ebay selling a euro-r already modify for use for 200$....... i was looking at that one before i got the skunk 2
Because the Skunk2 has crappy geometry.

I don't know WTF Skunk2 was thinking when they designed it. They werer probably on crack. The best post about it was when 2point6 tried it on his motor, and lost like 20 WHP. Since he has the most highly built motor of any street car, that pretty much says it all right there.

The runners are too long and too wide. The plenum is too large. It's more suitable for a 3L motor than an H22.

·
Registered
180 Posts
^ so there is absolutly no gains expected with the skunk2 on my mild setup?

i remmber reading bb6lude guy dynoing the skunk2 and euro-r, and skunk2 outperformed it..... is it so that in certain cases, skunkk2 will out perform euro-r?

thanks

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anybody?? Could I use the euro R fuel rail with the euro r mani and then use the stock h22a4 injectors so that I don;t have to retune the ecu and mess with fuel adjustments.

·
Eh. :(
3,254 Posts
if you want to use prelude injectors you need an adapter kit for the stock prelude fuel rail, and the IAC adapter plate.

Talk to Nat at blacktrax (dvsracergirl on po.com) blacktrax.net to get the kit ordered, everything fits awesome, and looks great.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alphajesse said:
if you want to use prelude injectors you need an adapter kit for the stock prelude fuel rail, and the IAC adapter plate.

Talk to Nat at blacktrax (dvsracergirl on po.com) blacktrax.net to get the kit ordered, everything fits awesome, and looks great.
Yes I spoke to her thanks for the referral she was very helpful

·
Registered
2 Posts
you guys need to think a little. I know this is very old post, but skunk2 leaves lots of material for porting...if you you actually modify the skunk2 IM for your build or max flow i doubt it out perform euroR manifold. I doubt the Euro-R IM can have near as much room for material removal. I dont know for sure, but I doubt you guys took that into consideration when thinking you were just gonna slap it on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts