Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi names dave
out of albuquerque nm
i currently have my whole engine in a machine shop and i would like it back to start :nono: well you know.

my question is as in the title.
what is the fartherest anyone has gone with a h22a1 95 model year frm block.

i know about the stones and the pistions and the pam coating etc etc

how much 20 over 30?

if no one has is there anyone that belives 20 over is going to be to far, and why.

reason i ask is i have been informed by one stated non-mechanic- non-machine shop h builder just a very talented informed indivigual that stated 10 over is the MAX

please help me:mad:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also has anyone used these perticular pistions
eBay Motors: Honda Prelude Type S Pistons Forged Rods H22A H22A4 H22 (item 180330220784 end time Feb-28-09 21:06:00 PST)

i am trying to steer away from the a and b sizes i need to go a tiny tiny bit bigger and honda back in japan stoped production of the simple 10 over pistions you see on like HMO and other places or i would just order those.

the ebay posting i dont think is related to the well known FAKE type s pistions we all saw a little while back the guy through a phone sounded very legit but this is there "offical" website ƒzƒ“ƒ_ƒcƒCƒ“ƒJƒ€�Fƒzƒ“ƒ_ŽÔƒ`ƒ…�[ƒjƒ“ƒO�AƒJƒXƒ^ƒ}ƒCƒY�AƒV�[ƒgƒŒ�[ƒ‹�Aƒ}ƒtƒ‰�[
i dont see it as a + or - but he knew specs clearenmces everything.

unles someone out there knows where some 10 over s type's are hidding...i will send a refferal fee, and thats my WORD.

-DAVE

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
For what it's worth, there was someone here a while back selling .25 over pistons for the H22. He stated that you could over bore for those pistons w/o having to sleeve the block. Try searching the n/a forums. Lots of great info.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im searching man i never stoped, .25mm over is exactly what i need.....
any idea on what his name might have been?

·
you can do EEEEET!
2,394 Posts
Get a Helms -- I dont remember the exact specifics, but FRM needs a special grit stone, speed, and Hone angle. Reference your helms....

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Do not go over the limit specified in the Helms manual. If you don't have one, get one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
the stated limit in the honda factory service manual is .25mm .010over.
but show me in this manual; where it says compression limit.....
lol good luck if anyone is looking for 10 overs prospeed is the only one "waiting" for another batch weeks and weeks out, and there almost all already back ordered.
call some shops they will tell you they have gone 20 over, one place said they believe you could do 30 over safely without exceeding something like 310lbs compression per cillinder. i ended up just ordering some widely avaible 20 overs.

ill let yall know how it goes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts