Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am stumped...have a 1993 prelude vtec with an OBD1 P13 computer running an h22a1 engine. Everything is stock with the exception of a manual tensioner on the timing belt. Car was running completely fine. Took it for a drive a few days ago, an hour later went to start it to put it in the garage for the night and it would only cough and sputter. Got it to a point where it will start up now after some patient coaxing, but is running extremely rough, missing, and blowing air back out of the intake with absolutely zero throttle response. Compression is 180-190 on all 4 cylinders. Tried a new map sensor, new coil, new injector resistor box, has fuel pressure at the rail, have spark and put on all new plugs wires and dizzy cap. Tried a different ecu. Checked timing and it's good. I'm completely at a loss, my only thought I have left is if the crank position sensor in the dizzy went bad and the computer is extremely advancing or retarding timing to the point it ignites when the intake valve is partially open? I'm open to any suggestions at this point, thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Pop the valve cover off and watch the rockers as you turn the crankshaft. Sounds like a bent or stuck exhaust valve.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts