Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
The H22a1 is actually cast in a plutonium casting chamber, allowing the block to withstand higher compression than the standard h22.

·
Living on a Warmer Buoy
2,768 Posts
I thought it had a flux capacitor installed?

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I am pretty sure the H22a1 motor is only from the 4th gen preludes (93-96) Vtec models. Since this is in the 5th generation forum I thought I would bring this up. My understanding is that 5th gen engines in the US should all be H22a4.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but i own a 5th gen with an h22a!!!
all i want to know is if the parts will be the same!!!
can someone just pls help me out here instead of just turning the questions around!!!

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
What parts? Are you rebuilding the motor or are you buying bolt on parts????????!!?!??!?!!??!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey, the H22A1 is from the 4th gen Preludes Vtecs, the H22A4 is from 5th Gen Preludes, and the H22A is the Type S motor with 217 hp.

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
Hey, the H22A1 is from the 4th gen Preludes Vtecs, the H22A4 is from 5th Gen Preludes, and the H22A is the Type S motor with 217 hp.
What the hell are you smoking?? The h22a is just a normal jdm motor (it was slightly faster than the regular 4g because of the gearing and higher comp / better fuel map)

The Type S does have the h22a designation but not all h22a's are type s motors

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I am sure the head studs would work and 90% sure the rods will work as well. It depends on whether or not the crankshaft and pistons are the same between the H22a1 and H22a.

For example: I looked into getting Eagle Rods for my H22a4 that I just had rebuilt. I was replacing the stock pistons with Type-S pistons. Eagle offers two different rods for the H22 engine. One is for use with stock pistons and the other for the Type-S pistons. I am not sure how they differ, but I do know they offer both types.

One way you could tell if the parts will be interchangable would be to get on the manufacturers' websites and compare the part numbers between the H22a and H22a1.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts