Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!!

I searched in a lot of forums, but couldnt find what i want to know exactly.

From what i rode, euro r and type s cams are the same. Ok, it's cool. BUT
what are the mesurements from them?? i'm going to buy a set of euro-r soon, but i want to mesure them to know if they are real euro-r or just a set of ordinary h22a1.

I found a manuel shop for 97+ preludes with the mesurements for the h22a4 cams ( type SH ). Tried to find a manual shop for a type S and a euro r, and didnt find something yet.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thx!!

Max

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
the lift duration for the intake cam is 12.2mm (0.5in) and the exhaust is 11.2 mm (0.4 in).

i dunno why people wanna buy these cams since im sure they arent cheap since theyre "woo hoo type s!" and you could just buy something with a higher lift even though itll require tuning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i dont wanna know the lift duration, i want to know the mesurements of each lobes of the cams to know if the guy is selling me real euro-r cams

it's not to put on a stock motor :p
he sells them for 300 bucks, and i'm going to build my head but i want to stay in the stock rpm range. the guy who build my head certify me that with type S cams, he can tune my engine to 230 whp/185 lbs/ft

porting and polish head, intake, TB
port match intake manifold and header
deck the block and mill head ( to bump compression to 11.5:1 on stock piston )
complete rebuild
And install aftermarket springs + ti retainers
+ dyno

most aftermarket cams needs to rev higher. they produce lesshp and torque in midrange but more HP and tq in highrange. and to produce max HP that they could, you need to raise your max rpm. the more your rev, the more my engine will worn fast.

ive read a few forums and dyno sheets and ive come to the same conclusion.

but i'm not sure yet to buy euro-r / type S cams

i think that i will wait , test the engine on stock cams, and if i want more,i will buy a set of skunk 2 stage 1 or 2

the guy in question is very used to b16 b18 engines. he build a b18b with a b17a head(yes a b17a it's not a typing error). 203 whp 145 lbs/ft with 11.9:1 he do 13.5 with street tires and i dont remember what were his time with slick

well... thx for your help, and any help is welcome!

·
Registered
170 Posts
if you shave that much off the bottom of your head, and you have to pull it off later for some reason, you won't be able to plain it again, and i'll bet you money that if you run higher compression, and pull that head off, its going to warp itself, then you will have to buy a new head. but since your going to pull off the head and work it, why not bigger valves and a valve job?

·
Registered
971 Posts
OP.... sorry, but im not sure what your real question here is.
if youre looking for the actual lift and duration of the type-s cam ive posted it at least 5 times thru the years and a search will net you a ton of results on google or here.

the specs of the cams are posted also.... if youre looking for a real tell tale sign theyre type-s visually the lobes will have a blue tint to them not the grey like USDM cams.

What else is done to your car? 230whp/185tq on type-s cams and headwork.... sorry but i call BS here. Ive been building ludes for years and have one of the highest N/A power ludes, 230whp is not as easy to achieve as you might think...or worse, your builder thinks.

hopefully i cn help you a lil better once i understand what youre asking for help on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts