Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first post, still trying to figure out the layout here.

Ive got a 2000 prelude with vtec and what i believe is the h22 engine

Drives great however the reverse acts like theres a brick wall there when u try to engage. 5 th works great.

Soon i would like to replace it with a working model reverse

Will accord and civic 5 speeds mount up?
Id like to keep ratio similar to stock if possible (however not racing the car or anything)

Thank u much in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's likely just the reverse "lockout" that has tripped up on you. If you've miss-shifted from 4th to 3rd when aiming for 5th, or gone from 5th to 3rd it has a higher probability of happening.

Best way to fix it is get someone to open up the transmission to get it sorted out.

**Cheapest** way of fixing it is drive to an empty road and come to complete stop. Press in clutch and hold shifted down trying to get it into reverse and SLOWLY let out clutch/give little gas. It should clunk into gear. You will have e to press hard. Once you get it in gear drive in reverse with a bit of speed (but only if you are skilled at backwards driving). Then drive forward again, then reverse again. It should become easier to shift into reverse.

This has worked for me recently, but it could also maybe do damage. But a lot cheaper than replacing the transmission.

If you do replace the transmission go with a T2W4 tranny. It has a limited slip differential.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts