Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats is the difference with just the long block of an h22 and buying a h22 complete swap??

and also does the new h22 that comes in the 00-01 accord will that fit in prelude 92-95?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
theyre all pretty much the same, the accord just had a different gear ratios in its transmission, any jdm H22A will fit in your prelude. you can even use the transmission that came with your usdm h23a1, youll just have taller gears since the h22's transmission had slightly shorter gears to make up for its more advanced timing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theyre all pretty much the same, the accord just had a different gear ratios in its transmission, any jdm H22A will fit in your prelude. you can even use the transmission that came with your usdm h23a1, youll just have taller gears since the h22's transmission had slightly shorter gears to make up for its more advanced timing.
coool, thanks what bout just the long block? what is that? how is that different from a complete swap? is it the same speed and everything?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
all H series motors are what are called "long block" motors, theyre just a larger 4 cylinder. the complete swap probably includes ECU, wiring harness (which jdm one cant be used) transmission, half shaft and axles. just buying the long block is probably just the motor by itself but its enough since itll have the complete head and block, youll just need to buy the Ecu and make a few additions to your wiring harness or buy one from a Si vtec prelude.

·
I'm white
10,561 Posts
Whats is the difference with just the long block of an h22 and buying a h22 complete swap??

and also does the new h22 that comes in the 00-01 accord will that fit in prelude 92-95?
Long block = motor + transmission
Complete swap = ecu + other bits so you basically don't need ot buy anything more other than maybe aftermarket parts

I don't know what you're talking about whenever you say "h22 from the accord" because in the states, there is NO SUCH THING.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Long block = motor + transmission
Complete swap = ecu + other bits so you basically don't need ot buy anything more other than maybe aftermarket parts

I don't know what you're talking about whenever you say "h22 from the accord" because in the states, there is NO SUCH THING.
alright cool thanks man.
sorry i didnt know the accord euro wasnt in the states my bad

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all H series motors are what are called "long block" motors, theyre just a larger 4 cylinder. the complete swap probably includes ECU, wiring harness (which jdm one cant be used) transmission, half shaft and axles. just buying the long block is probably just the motor by itself but its enough since itll have the complete head and block, youll just need to buy the Ecu and make a few additions to your wiring harness or buy one from a Si vtec prelude.
si vtec prelude ?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
well yeah, if you have the h23 like your name suggests you have an Si, theres also the Si vtec model (ya i know its kinda dumb how they did that) and its 5spd just like the si but with the h22a motor. i think also the only difference with the accord euro r and its h22 is the intake manifold is different and its a popular swap for the prelude. i believe the accord r has the H22c motor where the prelude is H22a.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well yeah, if you have the h23 like your name suggests you have an Si, theres also the Si vtec model (ya i know its kinda dumb how they did that) and its 5spd just like the si but with the h22a motor. i think also the only difference with the accord euro r and its h22 is the intake manifold is different and its a popular swap for the prelude. i believe the accord r has the H22c motor where the prelude is H22a.
alright so if i get the h22c than it would still fit in my lude right ??
can i even get it in america? has it be from japan huh ??

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
almost all engines that are bought are from japan, they have this tax there that gets higher as the car gets older to try to encourage people to stay up to date on their cars mostly for emissions reasons. so cars are disassembled and sold for parts to other countries, especially since youre engine was in a jdm model only. the engine is already in america though, it wont be shipped overseas, engine dealers buy the motors and clean them up. the great thing about it is they have very little miles on them because most people only use cars as weekend drivers because of all the public transportation. if you bought one that wasnt from japan itd be the H22a1 or H22a4 where the jdm one is simple called the H22a and the H22c is the accord motor. all H and F series motors fit in the prelude.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
almost all engines that are bought are from japan, they have this tax there that gets higher as the car gets older to try to encourage people to stay up to date on their cars mostly for emissions reasons. so cars are disassembled and sold for parts to other countries, especially since youre engine was in a jdm model only. the engine is already in america though, it wont be shipped overseas, engine dealers buy the motors and clean them up. the great thing about it is they have very little miles on them because most people only use cars as weekend drivers because of all the public transportation. if you bought one that wasnt from japan itd be the H22a1 or H22a4 where the jdm one is simple called the H22a and the H22c is the accord motor. all H and F series motors fit in the prelude.
alright so pretty much their name is changed ?
is there any difference in power ? no huh. cause its pretty much the same but diffferent name from h22a to h22a1

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Oh my gosh so I can put a f20c or f22c1 in my prelude??
no the f20c and f22c1 are actually more like the K series motor but im sure you already know that, why they have they are labeled as F series ill never know. the h22a1 is rated at 190hp at the crank where the jdm h22a is 200hp.

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
Well then you shouldn't have said ALL f series. You got my hopes up.

·
you can do EEEEET!
2,394 Posts
Lol...you really shouldn't reply to anything.....you have no idea and feed people crap......

HOLY ****! Can I get a H22c????? Where can I get one???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts