Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now after a drive my engine gets ALOT hotter than it used to. I mean like when I touch any hose for a half second it'll burn my finger. Not to mention the heat I can feel radiating from the engine when looking down at it. This is not just the temperature produced after a normal drive...everything seems abnormally hotter than it was before I had the work done. Also, I can smell radiator fluid. What's going on here? Did the dealer install everything correctly? (I had to plug in for myself a vacuum hose and the hose from the intake to engine).

·
Registered
977 Posts
Make sure you have enough engine coolant in the radiator. Does the temp guage show the temp being higher too. Our engines are hot after running them when you are under the hood. If the temp guage also shows the engine being hotter than normal, take it back to the shop and tell them to check it out.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Temp gauge says that it is normal. What I noticed this morning, however, was that the engine reached normal operating temperature in a little over half the time. Typically my car will get to temp after about 3 minutes of driving. Today, maybe only close to 2 minutes and temp was already up.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bud1:
Temp gauge says that it is normal. What I noticed this morning, however, was that the engine reached normal operating temperature in a little over half the time. Typically my car will get to temp after about 3 minutes of driving. Today, maybe only close to 2 minutes and temp was already up.</font>
could it be that it's warmer outside?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts