Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Convicted GSR Rapist
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the H&R Race springs wrapped over kyb agx would work on a Type SH? They springs hear say 'Prelude 97-02' but i know the base and sh springs are different. Anyone have experience with this?

I'd like the h&r drop height with a static spring. If this wont work is there something better? How much higher is the Sport spring?

·
Offical Girl Hater.
5,892 Posts
i've heard people having problems w/ the kyb agx w/ the type sh, or atleast one or two instances.

To my knowledge, you should be fine as long as you swap both springs and struts out. :bigthumb:

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
kyb warranties are voided if you drop more than 1.5", dont H&R race drop more than that, like near 2"? they blow out much faster if you exceed 1.5" hence the warranty void.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
As long as you've got aftermarket springs, there's no issue using the AGX's with an SH.

But I have read a fair amount of reviews saying their AGX's didn't last all that long (only 10-15,000 miles) with the race springs. Of course, KYB doesn't recommend the shocks for applications lower than 1.5" or greater than a 50% increase in spring rate, and the H&R race springs are more aggressive in both those categories.

I've got a sport/AGX combo on my SH, very satisfied. My complaint with the springs is that the rears are very progressive - they're so soft for the first bit of travel that extra weight in the trunk causes noticeable sag.

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
I dont have an SH so i cant comment on it.

But ... I have H&R SPort springs.. and my rear is a bit higher then the front...but if i put something in the trunk or the back seat like another person... FORGET it...its drop and i bottom out my exhaust. I wish there was a way to make them a lot more stiffer when they compress.

other then that... i think they are amazing springs.

·
Registered
288 Posts
i have tokico illumina adj., and the eibach springs that came with my gc coilovers. the setup feels great, and i don't have any of the weird spring compression probs that some seem to have. i also don't know what the lb/compression springs they are, they came with the set and were installed by a shop......prolly like 450/550 or something. why are u getting rid of the coilovers, and just getting shorter springs?

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
just to let you know, eibach springs sag especiallly in the rear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts