Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my goal is to reach 500 hp on a 1999 type SH lude, I’ve done research and talked with honda enthusiasts and a lot of people have told me that H22 engines aren’t bad but aren’t the best for street racing, engines aren’t as tough as the others, also they aren’t very good when it comes to price per performance, the question is, to reach 500hp as a minimum what should I do? Should I go with another series or should I stay with the H? Also would it be wise to spend those extra thousands on another engine plus the mechanic to do the swap (since I don’t have a place to do it myself) or should I use that money to modify the H22 to it’s maximum HP? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It all depends on how much money you want to throw at that H. There's guys out there, and I'm sure you've seen posts and videos, doing 500+ on an H engine, but they built the hell out of them. When I had my 93 Vtec I put down 390whp and close to 300tq on 13psi tuned in Full Blown Motorsports in MN. It had a 96 f22A1 block from junkyard, h22a1 existing head, Mitsubishi Evo 8 pistons, h22 eagle rods, arp head studs, dsm 450cc injectors, dual fuel pump and custom exhaust manifold, etc. Of course, the necessary modifications here and there. Cant quite remember the turbo size though. Had a chart too but I cant find it. I could go higher but changed plans and sold it to move out of the state. Again, can it be done? Heck yes, but money, time and the right tuner will be key to get there. Hope that helps. Tira pa'lante boricua! Suerte.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It all depends on how much money you want to throw at that H. There's guys out there, and I'm sure you've seen posts and videos, doing 500+ on an H engine, but they built the hell out of them. When I had my 93 Vtec I put down 390whp and close to 300tq on 13psi tuned in Full Blown Motorsports in MN. It had a 96 f22A1 block from junkyard, h22a1 existing head, Mitsubishi Evo 8 pistons, h22 eagle rods, arp head studs, dsm 450cc injectors, dual fuel pump and custom exhaust manifold, etc. Of course, the necessary modifications here and there. Cant quite remember the turbo size though. Had a chart too but I cant find it. I could go higher but changed plans and sold it to move out of the state. Again, can it be done? Heck yes, but money, time and the right tuner will be key to get there. Hope that helps. Tira pa'lante boricua! Suerte.
Gracias pa’ 🙏🏼.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Granted I am not chasing that kind of power, aiming more toward an eventual 250-300 fwhp and 200-250 fwtq NA build for track racing. But I chose to go K24.

A big part of my reasoning is parts availability for the engine. Both now and in the future.

·
Registered
17 Posts
F20B bored out to 87mm. Low compression pistons. Get a turbo. Upgrade head studs and rod bolts to ARP. Use your H22 head. Upgrade fuel rail and injectors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
F20B bored out to 87mm. Low compression pistons. Get a turbo. Upgrade head studs and rod bolts to ARP. Use your H22 head. Upgrade fuel rail and injectors.
U know, I was thinking on getting my hands on one of those and make it RWD using S2000 parts 🤔

1 - 6 of 6 Posts