Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gude throttle body for an h23 lying around. Would it be a good or bad idea to put on a JDM h22a?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
There wouldn't be any problem with it. The H22 and H23 TB's are the same, so putting a bored H23 TB would be the same as putting a bored H22.. so if you want a bored TB on your car, then by all means go right ahead, you'll have no probs.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dunno about being the same. Gude has different part numers for the H22 and H23. Also, the H22 TB has the map sensor on it while the H23 uses a MAP sensor on the firewll but I'm using the firewall mounted map sensor with my jdm h22a right now with no probs.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
i think they are different. if I remember correctly the h23 one is slightly wider, but i think they might bolt up

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I pulled off my USDM H23A1 TB and matched it up to my TB from my JDM H22A, and they were 'exactly' the same. Same bore, same everything... to the "T".

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
How big is the bore? I've heard from some that if you run a TB that's got a much bigger bore than stock, w/o some serious mods, like turbo/supercharger, your car becomes almost undriveable, due to the throttle response being a bit too quick. Am I off base here?

J

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
He'll be ok with the Gude TB because they don't bore it out a lot. I don't think he'll lose any power from it, and probably gain some top end. Nothing major, don't expect too much, but it'll work just fine.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I wasn't saying he'd LOSE power, but after talking w/ Sik96Prelude (Ronnie), he was telling me that I should stay away from the TB's w/ bores bigger than 63-65 mm...and 70, just forget about it, b/c the throttle becomes too touchy.

J

1 - 9 of 9 Posts