Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just browsing their site and they had a listing for Preludes right under the 92-95 civic and Civic Si kits. The pice was TBA, and there were no specs on it. But atleast they are planning to make one. I'm guessing that they will include an intercooler with the basic kit because they didn't have any apps. for Preludes in the intercooler section, not to mention it's a good idea.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OvaDaLimiT:
kickin it up a notch!!
</font>
Emeril525

You know, all along I've said I wanted to stay NA, but that setup in the pic doesn't look too bad to me at all.

Of course, yesterday I borrowed one of those new Volvo S40's. 1.9L Turbo. KICKS MAJOR A$$!!! I wonder how my 'Lude would feel with a turbo on it?

------------------
This is a special week...

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Smilez:
Where is the wastegate on the header? Is it on the left there?</font>

You can't see the wastegate in the picture because it is below the turbo(snail) itself, similar to the DRAG gen II kit.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Sure you can see the wastegate in the Pic. It is an internal wastegate, and is actually on the turbo itself. It is that gold colored part, with a rod attached to it on the top of the Turbo. Just some info, for real power, you want to dump that crappy internal wastegate, and buy a quality aftermarket product. The internal units have been known to have more boost creep than the cheesy Deltagates. Most cmpanies use an internal wastegate to cut costs. Greddy does this with all their Honda kits.

·
rotorless rotorite :(
1,652 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dr. James:
Sure you can see the wastegate in the Pic. It is an internal wastegate, and is actually on the turbo itself. It is that gold colored part, with a rod attached to it on the top of the Turbo. Just some info, for real power, you want to dump that crappy internal wastegate, and buy a quality aftermarket product. The internal units have been known to have more boost creep than the cheesy Deltagates. Most cmpanies use an internal wastegate to cut costs. Greddy does this with all their Honda kits.</font>
say Dr James would you happen to know if replacing the wastegate would void the CARB number. if i had to guess it wouldn't if you kept the same PSI setting. unless the SMOG inspector is a dick.

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Ground Control Coilovers

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
It shouldn't affect the CARB at all. As long as you aren't dumping the wastegate exhaust gases to the atmosephere. When you install an aftermarket wastegate, make sure that you run a dump tube down away from the wastegate, and have the other end welded onto the downpipe somewhere before the first O2 sensor. This will keep most inspectors happy, as the gases are still being monitored by the O2 sensor, and still travleing through the Catylist.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts