Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
another SS->5spd!
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...in about 5 months. That's what they said in their e-mail.
 

·
rotorless rotorite :(
Joined
·
1,652 Posts
forget the header gimme a turbo
all together now, TURBO! TURBO! TURBO!


------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
(Base 5 sp)
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Ground Control Coilovers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,533 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BlueShadow:
forget the header gimme a turbo
all together now, TURBO! TURBO! TURBO!


</font>
R32 SKYLINE! R32 SKYLINE! R32 SKYLINE!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
997 Posts
Headers don't make shiet hp.

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scriber:
Headers don't make shiet hp.

</font>
a lot of people say the stock headers are already good enough, and if you want aftermarket headers, it'll mostly be for show. maybe a gain in 1 or 2hp somewhere, but thats pretty much a waste of money.
 
G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scriber:
Headers don't make shiet hp.

</font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AzN-tRaNcE-bOy:
a lot of people say the stock headers are already good enough, and if you want aftermarket headers, it'll mostly be for show. maybe a gain in 1 or 2hp somewhere, but thats pretty much a waste of money.
</font>
Depends on what's being done to the car. The stock header is not a very good design at all. Also, there aren't many well designed headers on the market. Most of them have primaries that are too small, and too short. The collectors are too small as well.

If you're doing quite a few mods, then a header can be quite beneficial. For my car, the stock header is grossly inadequate since all of the tubing is too small, the primaries and secondaries aren't long enough, the collector is too small, and the merges are horrible.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scriber:
Headers don't make shiet hp.

</font>
i would have to disagree 100%. my headers gave me the most positive gain according to the butt dyno. i got my mods in this order though:

1- aem cai
2-tanabe rm
3-dc cc headers

and that final piece of the puzzle was the greatest mod of all three. without changing headers and with changing it DOES make a VERY NOTICEABLE difference even though people say our stock ones r pretty good already.


------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,979 Posts
71dsp
in your opinion what is the best gen5 header today (in regards to performance gains)? especially if youre going NA route?


<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Depends on what's being done to the car. The stock header is not a very good design at all. Also, there aren't many well designed headers on the market. Most of them have primaries that are too small, and too short. The collectors are too small as well.

If you're doing quite a few mods, then a header can be quite beneficial. For my car, the stock header is grossly inadequate since all of the tubing is too small, the primaries and secondaries aren't long enough, the collector is too small, and the merges are horrible.

</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,190 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jkoc:
71dsp
in your opinion what is the best gen5 header today (in regards to performance gains)? especially if youre going NA route?


</font>
Mugen, Spoon, or custom is the only way to go.
which also means get out some big bucks.

------------------
David [email protected]

ICQ UIN: 4310950
AOL SN: Poena97
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
i would have to disagree 100%. my headers gave me the most positive gain according to the butt dyno. i got my mods in this order though:

1- aem cai
2-tanabe rm
3-dc cc headers

and that final piece of the puzzle was the greatest mod of all three. without changing headers and with changing it DOES make a VERY NOTICEABLE difference even though people say our stock ones r pretty good already.


</font>
I had the same experience, but I think you guys are each thinking on a different scale.
"One man's trash is another man's treasure"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,979 Posts
mugen stuff is so frikken expensive that it pisses me off. almost makes me want to ban all mugen stuff so kingmotorsports doesnt get the pleasure of having a monopoly in north america... HEE HEE just a joke
 
G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jkoc:
mugen stuff is so frikken expensive that it pisses me off.</font>
I know it's a joke, but you have never priced custom stuff have you?

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org
 
G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jkoc:
71dsp
in your opinion what is the best gen5 header today (in regards to performance gains)? especially if youre going NA route?
</font>
HiTech or SMS (100% custom). Runs about $1k to $1300+.

Mugen is good, but if you have a lot of work done, it's too small. Same with Spoon.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,979 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
I know it's a joke, but you have never priced custom stuff have you?

</font>
actually i was about to get a custom full exhaust done but i changed my mind. costed 3000$. blagh. so i just got the Thermal.
 

·
another SS->5spd!
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree with you, I can definitely feel the gains from DC header after I got the intake, test pipe and exhaust. No doubt about it. I think mods on a SS is more easier to detect than the 5 speeds because SS has more restriction.


<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
i would have to disagree 100%. my headers gave me the most positive gain according to the butt dyno. i got my mods in this order though:

1- aem cai
2-tanabe rm
3-dc cc headers

and that final piece of the puzzle was the greatest mod of all three. without changing headers and with changing it DOES make a VERY NOTICEABLE difference even though people say our stock ones r pretty good already.


</font>
 

·
another SS->5spd!
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think he meant full exhaust outlet which includes the header too...i hope.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
$3k for an exhaust?

</font>
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top