Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that Greddy make headers for 4gens, but do they make header for our 5gen? If so where can I get it?
thanks

·
Registered
806 Posts
SEARCH!!!! next time do a search and you'll get your answer. They don't make headers for the 5th gen. The greddy headers you see on 5th gens are custom ones taken from a 4th gen.

·
Official *snow* Hater
751 Posts
The GReddy header for a 4th gen will fit a 5th get with a little modification. I have looked into doing this my self. The A-pipe needs is too long to fit the 5th gen so you would have to compensate by either hacking some off the header a-pipe, your exhaust, or maybe finding a smaller cat/test pipe.

I haven't been able to get any exact measurements but it is approximately 6" too long.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I e-mailed Greddy a month or so ago and asked them about a 5th Gen Header app. They said it is being planned for production now but they don't have an availability date yet. We'll just have to keep checking back with them.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
They said the same thing to me when i emailed them like 2 months ago. My guess is it will either never be released or wont be released for another year or more.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the reason I asked is because I saw on Ebay Greddy header for 5gen, so it thought Greddy just came out, then yesterday the guy cancelled the auction. That answered my question. I think that Greddy will never come out header for 5gen since our car is discontinued, don't keep your hope up. thanks guys

BTW:Jon Like Wh0a, thanks, I just put it on yesterday.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Dotay said:
The GReddy header for a 4th gen will fit a 5th get with a little modification. I have looked into doing this my self. The A-pipe needs is too long to fit the 5th gen so you would have to compensate by either hacking some off the header a-pipe, your exhaust, or maybe finding a smaller cat/test pipe.

I haven't been able to get any exact measurements but it is approximately 6" too long.
The A-pipe is too long? I thought it was the collector (the B-pipe) that needed to be shortened. The A-pipe is the top part, that bolts to the head. The B-pipe is the lower, which connects to the cat. I thought the A-pipe was the same between 4th and 5th gen headers.

I'm also planning on (eventually) getting a GReddy 4th gen header for my 5th gen...

·
Registered
808 Posts
The part that connects to the head is the header. The bottom part that connects from the header to the cat is the A pipe. The B pipe goes from the cat to the muffler.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts