Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my 6 month old greddy evo that I traded for. I have a question though. The thing sounds like stock pratically..it gets a little loud around 4000rpms and in vtec its just intake noise....is this what it is supposed to be like??? is it clogged up?? or am I just used to the Tanabe RM being so loud??

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
whoa, vtec sounds stock?!?! theres GOT TO BE something wrong then.... but i have no clue what

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
CURENT MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -Apexi V-AFC -autometer A/F gauge -autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit
HAVE AND INSTALLING SOON:
-UR pulleys set SS

screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
u're not going to hear the exhuast over the engine in vtec. You should be able to hear it below 4k really easily though. deep

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by po0p:
u're not going to hear the exhuast over the engine in vtec. You should be able to hear it below 4k really easily though. deep </font>
wow really? that evo is pretty dang silent then! i never knew of any aftermarket exhuast that actually sounds stock in the high rpms instead of the low-mid range. its usually the other way around...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I was busting out driving for 30 minutes and the new gaskets must be breaking in and its getting a little louder and deeper. Sounds great..slient cruising and louder when 3/4-WOT. Vtec is getting louder too...deep and BAD ass.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
wow really? that evo is pretty dang silent then! i never knew of any aftermarket exhuast that actually sounds stock in the high rpms instead of the low-mid range. its usually the other way around...</font>
actually - it's not quiet in vtec - especially outside. If u're driving next to someone with the evo, the exhaust loudness is directly affected by throttle position and revs.

The volume inside the car is different in a cool way - from 1-4k, the evo is real deep and loud. from 4-5k the exhaust melows out and gets flat.

When vtec comes in, the exhaust tone emits a great sound but the cool part is you still hear the engine over the exhaust.

[This message has been edited by po0p (edited April 05, 2001).]

·
Registered
838 Posts
Well, compare it with my sound clips I posted. Let me know if it's any different. Also, I rev it up in NEUTRAL Gears.

------------------

------------------
Toronto PreLude Club

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jbx:
Well, compare it with my sound clips I posted. Let me know if it's any different. Also, I rev it up in NEUTRAL Gears.

</font>
well its getting louder. I think the new gaskets and everything need to break in and my engine has been sitting for 2 weeks. I started it up and intially was quite but is now getting to sound like yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts