Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
yeah...i go there....when I'm in chicago...hahah

been there once with a friend in his lincoln mark 8...

pissed me off because we got his car to run a 15.2...stock

it seemed like a decent track...but i dont live up there so i probably wont ever see ya there

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes I go there a lot and Ive seen you there before, I actually have a pic of your car at the staging lanes, Ill be there a whole bunch this year I have a red lude SI with carbon fiber hood, that the motor is getting built on right now, why dont you guys near chicago go to joliet they have a much better track to run on

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gotryce:

i live in skokie, great lakes is a lot closer than route 66. I agree that route 66 is a lot nicer, but the drive is a pain in the @$$. i can get to great lakes in 30 to 40 mins. do you have the pic of my car scanned by any chance? i'd like to see it. i don't have any pics of myself on the track.

------------------

1999 Prelude Type SH

·
Registered
79 Posts
yeah
i think i MIGHT be heading up there with my friends, takes about 25-30 minutes fom where im at. who cares if it looks nice or whatever. i just wanna know what i run. 11 bucks for unlimited runs is str8. i better first adjust my valves tho

i have a 95 vtec. . . pretty much stock

[This message has been edited by ImSLeEpY (edited April 05, 2001).]

·
Registered
97 Posts
On friday nights its definitely not 11 bucks unlimited runs, its actually 22 bucks, 11 for spectators, but yeah there are sure a lot of hickmobiles up there though, my fastest time on that track was a [email protected] mph, on my 4th gen H23 with only intake and no exhaust, on 17 inch rims

·
Registered
414 Posts
natzdiesel, I've never been to Great Lakes (yet) but let me know when you are going up sometime, I might go with. I've been to Rte 66 which is very nice.

If you or anyone is interested, GingerMan Raceway is having "Test & Tune" days on the 7th, and 21-22nd of April. If all goes well, my friend will have his R-32 up there. They charge $100 for the full day, and $75 for half and with how much track time you get, it is totally worth it. For info, go to www.gingermanraceway.com.

------------------

·
Registered
414 Posts
I live in Lake Zurich which is about as far northwest as you can get before you are really in the boonies. It is about 180 miles from my place. If you look at a map, follow the North border of Illinois across Lake Michigan and you will see South Haven MI, that is where the track is. We made it in 2.5 hours once including a long lunch stop. Damn Skyway McDonalds. If you can't make this event, I'm sure that I will post more in the future.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts