Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Convicted GSR Rapist
1,512 Posts
Do you mean in general or on that particular car. In any case A T*3 charger is gonna spool before vtec no matter what. You should be building boost at just about 2K and be done (max psi) at about 3.5-4K. So it should start to boost way before vtec. Vtec is like a sequental turbo feel. I get the boost, then i get vtec a little extra unf at the top end of the rpms.

·
Dave
1,468 Posts
For one reason or another I actually like the look of that car. Don't really dig the wing, but if the front kit fit a little better I'd drive it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
achemze said:
Do you mean in general or on that particular car. In any case A T*3 charger is gonna spool before vtec no matter what. You should be building boost at just about 2K and be done (max psi) at about 3.5-4K. So it should start to boost way before vtec. Vtec is like a sequental turbo feel. I get the boost, then i get vtec a little extra unf at the top end of the rpms.
ha i was just jokin about the before vtec thing, i'm just implying that that turbo looks huge... then again i'm sure just because i've never seen one on our car that big, doesn't mean you guys haven't. hey achemze do you have ur bottom end built? what are you using for fuel management?

·
Dave
1,468 Posts
that has to be one of the biggest damn intercoolers I have ever seen on a prelude. He must have cut just about everything away down there just to make that fit!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what's with that bottom lip being held on by bolts? and does he think the car would sell faster if it had turn signals?

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
98VTEC said:
I think it would sell faster if the body kit didn't look if it was gonna fall off at speeds above 55. :)
agreed....that front just doesn't fit right. too many gaps. :nono:

·
Convicted GSR Rapist
1,512 Posts
cuseC08 said:

ha i was just jokin about the before vtec thing, i'm just implying that that turbo looks huge... then again i'm sure just because i've never seen one on our car that big, doesn't mean you guys haven't. hey achemze do you have ur bottom end built? what are you using for fuel management?
Yes sir. je, crower, aries. and a p&p head. I'm currently using the oem kit pieces from my drag 3(2+hacks) kit.. RRFPR,Inline Fuel Pump & vafc. I have my 440s on my shelf, i'm just trying to learn as much as i can about the vafc hack before i go about it.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
That's the first time I've seen a two finger gap on a bumper.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
i hope that car aint who i think it belongs to...

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
OMG....that car sold for $20 grand....

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
that thing been on ebay for a long time. I spoke to the kid a while back like 1 month ago ... and he had problems selling the car. Nobody wanted it. Or if they did they wanted it for next to nothing.

i think that car looks grear. Minus the front bumper saging away.

How much PSI do you guys he is loosing with such a HUGE intercooler. He might be having issues with using AC since the IC blocks everything off.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Ya that's car been there for awhile, not sure how much psi he's packing though, but he most likely has a lot of internal probs with the wires and all.

·
JDM turbo whore
1,797 Posts
pretty huge ic. thats that biggest ive seen on a lude. something that might of came off a skyline. and i seen that car on ebay for a while now. that engine bay isnt that great though or neither is the fitment on the kit

1 - 20 of 22 Posts