Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Baller....
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some might have read my old post my trans went bad and i had no warranty. So i couldnt afford the 5g's for a new one and sent it out to a perf. trans place for a rebuilt that was 1500 bills. Well it went there Monday and thanks god he didnt fix it. I had called Honda corporation and complained about how the trans went out at 50k and told them i bought the car cause it was reliable and all the things Hondas are suppose to be, then i told her about the Goodwill act that Honda will do sometimes and she got all weird that i knew about it. My garage is next to Honda and a mechanic told me to call them and talk to them about it, so it went under a review and Honda called me yesterday and said that they will put in a new trans under warranty since it went out so early. I am so glad i was persistant with them, now i dont have to pay that rediculous amount to fix. Just thought i would share the news since most people got shot down if the tried to get Honda to fix it and they had no warranty, also glas the trans shop didnt start to rip it apart and fix it, then i would have had to pay him and then take it honda to get replaced.

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,838 Posts
Excellent News... "Goodwill Act" thats interesting... I dont have the warranty anymore... Im at 80,000 miles. My trans seems to be pretty strong with very little mods... but when it gets cold outside it does overrev getting into gear.. it did that twice recently ... :( a little worrying.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
DeadFish said:
Excellent News... "Goodwill Act" thats interesting... I dont have the warranty anymore... Im at 80,000 miles. My trans seems to be pretty strong with very little mods... but when it gets cold outside it does overrev getting into gear.. it did that twice recently ... :( a little worrying.
what do you mean by "overrev getting into gear"? When my tranny went there would be a delay from going from park to R, D etc... If you have that problem it is a sign of slipping. Mine got pretty bad after doing this for 4k miles, 4 second delay shifts (went into neutral between shifts). However if I kept the rpm up a little between shifts it would be like dumping the clutch :laugh:

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
my car has been slippin for over a year now...almost 20k...

weren't all 99~01 SS ludes covered under the extended warranty anyways

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Pearl-Lude99... is your car modded at all? lowered? exhaust?

--Sam

·
Baller....
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It has cat back exhaust.cai.and 18's. but my honda dealership is cool about the stuff.
Yea it does feel like a christmas in May, lol...

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
Whats a GOODWILL act?

explain. my tranny is starting to go. rough shifts and slipped a few times.

·
Baller....
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I called the 800 number in the back of the owners manual.But if you talk to these people make sure you let them know what the deal is,dont come right out and say, '' My trans is bad fix it under the Goodwill act", just talk to them and let them know why you bought a Honda cause it's reliable,and you were realy disappointed how the trans went bad with the car, and how u cant afford it cause it cost alot to fix. It's not ripping Honda off but when you tell them things like that it's kinda you way at getting back at them for not building the trans right the first time.Anyway's mine went under review and they called me 5 days later and said they would fix it. And if they dont pay for all of it they will make you pay for the labor and not the trans. $500 is better than $5400!!!!!I will look for the number if u cant find it..

·
Baller....
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SK Honda 7 said:
Whats a GOODWILL act?

explain. my tranny is starting to go. rough shifts and slipped a few times.
The Goodwill Act is basically Honda will help you fix or pay to fix something wrong with your car.So if ur rims clearcoat came off after 1 year and you complained they might fix it,or something along those lines. In my case my trans went bad and and i persistently preached to Honda about the reliabilty they state their cars have and they let me down. Just make your case sound good, but if you dont have a warranty it's worth it.

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,838 Posts
QUESTION from the devils advocate.

Is the Goodwill act a one time deal?

ok... but what about abusing this "goodwill act"?

my clearcoat on my rims is totally botched on like all my stock rims... I guess the NJ winters salt ate them up...

AND

Im worried about my trans... since it seams the odds are against me that I have good trans... against all the other people who had problems.

so if I call up honda and say in a polite way of course -
"My clearcoat on my rims is gone." and they do thier review and agree to this... and I get them fixed.

Can I complain later in a few months again about my trans?

I know the trans is waaaaay more important then the rims.. just making a point.

What is thier rules about this goodwill act, is it a one time deal?

And what did they have to actually "review" for them to approve you? Vin Number history of repairs at the dealership records?

·
...under an umbrella
1,489 Posts
Goodwill act? Isn't it called the "Sale of Goods Act"?...at least in Canada, that's what we call it.

Congrats dude :)

·
Baller....
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nah they told me it's called the Goodwill act.

Deadfish: Put it this way,if you tell them about the rims it's gonna get marked down in the records that you called and had a problem and they fxed it, so if you call them again a few months later and your trans goes bad they are gonna start to wonder, that is what my friend from the dealership told me.So yes a trans is way more important than clearcoat coming off the rims.Not to sure if it's a one time deal, but i guess the more you called and complained they probably wouldnt do anything for you.
The lady on the phone said it was turned over to a case manager i believe it was, she said it would take 3 to 5 days and then they called My Honda dealership and i guess asked about the car to,and then they called me and and said that they would fix it under warranty even though i dont have a warranty on it. They said sometimes u just pay the labor, which isnt a bad deal, and sometimes they fix it for free..
And no they werent covered up to 75k, 00 and 01 got a free extended warranty to 100k.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts