Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Wow! Look at that
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking a friend home, and decided to practice my launches at stoplights on some back roads. Well I took off and got up to about 60 and looked in my rear view to see a white Mustang with 2 blue racing stripes swerving through traffic trying to catch up to me. He finally pulled up next to me, I thought it was the older slower 96 ones, so I down shifted to 3rd and took off. I had a bit of a jump and he dropped back to my passenger side window, then he floored in and started to creep up on me. By the time we shut down at about 85 he had a ½ of a car on me :(. We slowed down to about 50 and lined back up and took off again (down shifted to 2nd). The same thing happened he was slow to take off and dropped back then put about ¾ or car on me by 90 :(. I pulled up to him at the next light; he said, with a big grin one his face, he was bone stock, altouugh it sounded like he had at least exhaust. I never knew the new Mustangs had that much high-end power.

BTW all I have (for now ;) ) is a AEM CAI.

·
Registered
482 Posts
didnt you have a friend in the car?? that slowed you down what does he wieight 140 or so..
when i took out my back seats and spare about 80 or so pounds it made a big difference

·
Wow! Look at that
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NoRice4U said:
NAWZ should be next hahah
That is one of my possible plans for the summer. :) Or maybe a JRSC. :D

dchung1 said:
didnt you have a friend in the car?? that slowed you down what does he wieight 140 or so..
when i took out my back seats and spare about 80 or so pounds it made a big difference
Yea I should have had him jump out of the car when we started racing. :laugh: I would take out the back seat but people some time ride back there (I don’t know how).

·
Wow! Look at that
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^Damn I never knew they were that fast stock.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had a similar encounter last night racing a new mustang but only between about 30 to 65mph and he did not pull on me at all, i got a slight jump and he never creeped on me at all, I only have a base with short ram intake, i think he was probably automatic though, i figured he would have pulled on me a little bit. Im stoked

·
Da Monkii
3,076 Posts
yes the new stang and firebird will give you a good run for bone stock they slowly pull away fromyou, and we all hate that **** when it happen, i usually look at the car when that happen and misshift so nervous lol

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I was amazed that a new GT could only pull on me slowly from 70ish to 120. He was definitely faster, but not as much as you would expect from a 260hp car. We came to a stoplight, however, and he destroyed me. Don't race them from a stop, thats for sure!

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
dchung1 said:
I doubt you took 80 pounds out, the spare and back seat might weight 40 lbs if you are lucky.

·
Registered
285 Posts
axion68 said:

I doubt you took 80 pounds out, the spare and back seat might weight 40 lbs if you are lucky.
That's why you take out the A/C, PS, stock intake crap, bots that look like they don't do anything, sound deadening, and carpets, oh yeah and the passanger seat too! I figure all that's good for 100lbs:laugh:

·
Registered
409 Posts
yeah 99+ GT's are actually fast. I pretty much don't mess with them. My friend has one and has one and from a stop he rapes me hard. From a roll it's closer but they still get their walk on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts