Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, huge thanks to James "Jimmy Mugen" Chan and pkw1 for their selfless help in installing the suspension. I honestly could not have done it without them, and we had a blast doing it.

Wicked, wicked little suspension get-up.

The NRs are the normal stiffness springs with height-adjustable shocks. Though default setting is at second-highest, I set them at highest to avoid camber problems, and the drop was still nice. The rear, right now has a single finger width gap, and the fronts are around 1.5 fingers, but still settling.

The springs are still settling, but the rears have dropped more than the front so far. However, since I drove it, it's evened out somewhat. The ride is excellent - firm and communicative without being excessively stiff. The body rolls only a little bit into a turn at first, but after that you couldn't push it up with a forklift

The car also handles transitions much better - you can feel the lateral weight transfer going faster, though the front-rear transfers on sharper turns feel odd. I'm still not perfectly at ease with the current feel of the car, but I took a corner at least 10km/h faster today than I normally do (90 instead of 80), and I felt there was more grip left. The stock tires feel VERY inadequate right now.

One problem that I noticed is that my shock knock is back with a vengeance. What was only a mild problem in winter time before my car warmed up (and limited to the passenger side rear shock) is now a consistent issue, and I even managed to get the driver's side front shock to clunk on one occassion.

Aside from that, the only performance problem I've had is that when I take turns and I hit light bumps, the car lifts and loses grip much easier than it used to. A raised crack in the road used to produce a minimal slide, now it's a bit more dangerous... then again, I am going faster than I was.

'nuff said.

btw, pics coming soon.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Factory. I didn't know if I wanted to put up with the k-chunk k-chunk of pillowballs just for some extra sensitivity to the road... so I figured it's easier to add something later, than waste my money and have to take it off if I don't like it now.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
Are you using the factory PB mounts or the TEIN's?</font>

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spite:
Factory. I didn't know if I wanted to put up with the k-chunk k-chunk of pillowballs just for some extra sensitivity to the road... so I figured it's easier to add something later, than waste my money and have to take it off if I don't like it now.
</font>
I agree with you, I just wanted to know because they really make alot of noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts