Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my Tein springs and KYBs are on, and I am so glad that I did not put them on myself. Turns out that whoever put shocks on my car before I bought my car, really messed them up.
On my left front shock, the dummy put a bolt on the shock that shouldn't be there. It took the mechanic over 1/2 hour to get it off. On my right rear shock, it was bent when it was put it. On the left rear shock, the jackasses put the shock bushings in backwards, and my mechanic had to custom make a new ring.

Needless to say, my car feels brand new now, and it looks awesome. The only problem I can see at this point is that the left rear shock is squeaking, but hopefully it will go away. I will post some pics tomorrow night. Now all I need are my wheels, and my car will look so damm good.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Yeah, I'm no mechanic, but after working w/ my friend (who's done suspension work before, and now is part owner of Greedspeed) to lower my car on my Konis from where they previously were, I don't prefer to work on a Prelude's suspension again. A Teg or a Civic, you can lower in a driveway in about 30-45 minutes, but 4th Gen Ludes take a bit longer...for us, quite a bit. That's the part of my car I hate working on the most, the suspension...

J

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
I just did my whole suspension and it wasnt that bad... It took me about 4 hours, but I did a complete suspension swap and I didnt know what I was doing for the first hour or so... It is a bit of work, but nothing you can no do...

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You also have to remember that I have 4ws which means that it is an extreme pain to get the rear shocks out. You should have seen the lengths to which my mechanic went to get the damm shocks out, especially the bent shock.

·
ANGER IS A GIFT!
4,481 Posts
I'm anxious to see the pics. :)

Glad you like it. Seems many that redo the suspension get that "new" feeling back. I did. :D

Give us an update after the springs settle in a bit. I would be curious to know how they feel after a month or so. :)

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
jtcdudeman said:
I just did my whole suspension and it wasnt that bad... It took me about 4 hours, but I did a complete suspension swap and I didnt know what I was doing for the first hour or so... It is a bit of work, but nothing you can no do...
That's about how long it took me, as well, but it took me even longer than that b/c we were working w/ crappy spring compressors.

J

1 - 6 of 6 Posts