Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my Verdicts put on Saturday, and well they rub.. they ONLY rub on the rear drivers side of the car... It is a pretty decent amount of rub though.. it's weird because the passanger side does not rub at all. it is VERY VERY close because of the 40mm offset, and I have 45 series tires.. there is just no tolerance for your allignment being at all off.. SO I got the car alligned hoping that it would fix the problem.. so the rear camber is fine on the passanger side.. it's right at .05 I believe.. but on the divers side it is .12 and the people that alligned it said that that is as close as they can get it to within tolerence.. THey said the adjusted it as much as possible and for some reason it won't adjust anymore at all... SO I am dumbfounded.. I am going to try after work to gring away some of the inside fender.. to see if that solves the problem.. it's frustrating becuase it doesn;t run anywhere else, just the drivers side rear tire... hopefully a little grindage will solve the problem

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the rims are 17x7.. read my post on my allignment results.. if that helps any..

I guess I took my chances knowing that 40mm is the BARE mini with our ludes but these rims are SOO Sweet...

HOW do I roll the fender??

Andres

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
the readings you put out don't make any sense. .05 and .12 for camber. that means you have positive camber right now.

if you actually meant -.05 and -.12, that would sound more on.

but even that case, you're very within the factory specs for a non-dropped car. you cannot adjust the camber on preludes so i would have no idea what your alignment shop is talking about.

anything past -1 degrees of camber will give you some uneven tread wear.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WHen I said camber, I meant TOE sorry..

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I don't know if this applies to you, but when I got my rims and tried to get an alignment they said that the bolt on the control arm was frozen and they would have to cut the control arm off and replace it in order to get a proper alignment.

So that side rubs until I can come up with 500 bucks to replace the control arm. It isn't bad, but the camber is off on that side. That explains why I've been burning through tires on that one side.

I've asked around and it seems pretty common on fourh gen preludes and Hondas in general for the same problem. ANyone else have similar troubles?

I'm not quite sure if I helped or not.

JP

Reactions: bweld2

·
Registered
15 Posts
let's see some pics of those verdicts,nice choice.As for the rubbing try rolling fenders first.If that doesn't work take wheels to a machine shop that has a cnc mill and ask if there is enough material to machine 5mm-8mm off

------------------

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had MAJOR wear problems in the front tires after installing the Eibach Prokit, so I had the control arms bent with some kind of hydrolic tool....now my alignment is great, but I get a ton of rub on the rear wheels going over bumps, and fierce turns.

Has anyone here rolled their fenders? I'm a little nervous after hearing some stories about paint cracking from the stretch in the fender well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts