Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting for more than 2 months on this altezza... finally I got it yesterday, installed right after work, let me know how ya guys think... (probably it looks better on a black lude...)

any inputs & BS WELCOME!!! ;D

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--

[This message has been edited by mike2016 (edited April 14, 2001).]

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WHAT?? do i have to seal it?? I just washed my car this morning and I noticed a little bit of water gets in the housing... how do I seal it? thanksss!

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
I like it on your car, but you need a spoiler. And yes you have to seal it.

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
#550/2500
OEM body kit
JDM fogs and blue valve cover
Happy luding

·
rotorless rotorite :(
1,652 Posts
go along with what everyone says, and seal it i didn't at first. but after 3 straight days of rain alot of water had collected in the left housing and on the first sunny day they fogged up bad!

heres some pics of what my poor workmanship looked like.the first pic you can see the "runoff" cause i installed it before it was full cured. in the last pic you can see i drilled a hole to let the water drain faster (there was lots of it)

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
(Base 5 sp)
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Ground Control Coilovers

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
Where did you get yours and how much??
thanks!

·
rotorless rotorite :(
1,652 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LVSBB6:
Where did you get yours and how much??
thanks!
</font>
who, me? i got them at www.modacar.com only cause they had them in stock and i was able to pick them up in person. i paid about $235 (USD) out the door. you can prolly find them for cheaper if you search the net a lil.
but FYI APC makes them, www.4apc.net
but you can also get them at www.modacar.com , www.importparts.com as well as several other web sites

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
(Base 5 sp)
Mods:
CF Altezza
AEM CAI
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Ground Control Coilovers

·
Crunk + Hyphy = Sam
4,989 Posts
I've always hated Altezza/Euro taillights, but damn, ever since I first saw the CF ones for our cars, I've grown to like them more and more. Looks very good, especially on a red or black car. One complaint though, the fake CF in the lens doesn't look too real. Maybe I'm expecting too much.
SAM

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
aZnRYcEbOi : my car is 97 eucalyptus green peral, just waxed my car this morning...hehe

cementups, I will get a full bodykit soon, along with a spoiler, thanks for ur suggestion...

thanks a lot BlueShadow, now I know how to seal it, I'll probably do it tonight..

LVSBB6, I got it for $184+tax from my friend's store www.advanceimports.com . I had ordered one from Modacar.com, but the waiting list was too long, I waited one month, then I outta there. then I asked my friend if he can get one, I waited another 1 month finally I got it yesterday....

These carbon fiber are really really very hard to find, in LA, when my friend went to pick up the taillights, there were like only 4 pairs in the warehouse, and APC only makes a few of them. good luck with you guys...

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey Hey,
is it possible to change the turn single light from red to ample(oange)???
caz i like ample more

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks good from a distance, but that fake carbon fiber up close looks like ass. Not very good quality since everyone says they're not sealed properly. I'd rather keep the stock ones.

------------------

Adrian's Webpage CANCUN PICS ARE UP

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
there's no way to change the turn signals to orange, but u can custom make one tho... I think you can put orange bubls in the sides and rewire it...

it's true that APC's quality is crap, the middle one is just there for looks, it doesnt have any holes to let you put bulbs in...

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--

1 - 17 of 17 Posts