Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh man... This ain't no post that says my bone-stock lude killed a corvette or anything. I straight-out admit I got owned. By an old guy.

I got a 2001 base 5-speed with the mods listed in my sig. My and a friend, a really skinny white guy, were in my car, getting onto the freeway, when all of sudden a new black mustang pulls up on my tail and starts to ride it. I'm like, ok, lemme get on the freeway and show this guy up. I check the rearview, and he's an old guy, white hair, etc. His wife, some old lady, is sitting shotgun.

So I get onto the freeway and hit VTEC, and I start pulling. Then all of a sudden, he pulls up next to me. His exhaust is LOUD, it's definitely not stock. But the part that made me **** in my pants is the LOUD ASS WHINE coming from his car!!! I was like, ****!!! He's SUPERCHARGED!!! I VTEC'd all the way though 3rd, and gave up entering fourth because he pulled so hard on me there was no way I was gonna keep up. that supercharged Mustang GT just kept going and going. It seriously hauled ass...

so yeah... hehe... I got owned by an old guy. :eek:

·
Registered
482 Posts
how do you like your hi flow cat could you tell a difference?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dchung1 said:
how do you like your hi flow cat could you tell a difference?
The mid and high end is defintely a bit better, but obviously it didn't make any difference when racing a supercharged stang...

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
haha yep the hi-flow cats help but not that much. i like mine.

·
Registered
928 Posts
was this the 03 s/c cobra? If so dont feel bad i watched one put down 486 whp with intake exhaust chip and pulley

kinda makes you fell like a sh'thead that he got nearly 100 whp from minor boltons huh?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, it was a GT for sure. But it wasn't stock. I've driven a stock GT and there's no way it would have pulled that hard. I'm positive it was supercharged cuz of the loud high-pitched whine it screamed as it was next to me, and as it passed, I noticed a really loud exhaust (not stock) and the GT sign on the back. Sucks... I with I had money to get my lude blown...

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
nah turbo...nothing like blowing past him turbo barking...........

red line.....shift.....PSSSSSSST!!!....BYE BYE!!!!:wave:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ZMonkey11 said:
or shifting with the loud pssssst and still getting whooped by the mustang. :)
Yeah, I still think that's what would happen. A Turbo'd 5th gen doesn't really push out too much hp still, right? But a Supercharged Mustang GT is pretty crazy... I think the reasons why I'm not boosted is cuz even if I saved every single penny from my paychecks, it's still take me two months to afford a kit, and then there's tuning costs for the VAFC, so throw on another 2 bills there too.

And I don't think that money's really worth it just to get my ass handed to me by another blown mustang GT...

(sigh)

I dunno. Ludes aren't all that no more... :( I should have just waited for the RSX-S to come out. It came out only 2 months after I bought my car. That car actaully makes good power out of bolt-ons, unlike our crappy H22...

·
Registered
381 Posts
i gotta say, if you bought the lude to go drag racing you made a mistake. American iron is the ONLY way to go drag racing. There's not a japanese car that is made that can be modified to beat a modified pony car.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm... I beg to differ. There are plenty of Japanese cars that can be modified to beat a fixed up mustang. WRX's, especially the STi, Z's (300ZX turbos), Supra Turbo's, etc. Even some ludes here have taken out fixed up stangs.

I think in my case though, basically with my mods, there was no way that my N/A lude could have even kept up with that blown stang.

But I agree with you in that the lude really isn't meant as a drag racing car. It's a good all-around driver car, but it's drag capabilities are only so-so compared to many other cars we could have bought instead.

·
Registered
381 Posts
well, true, but it depends on what you modify on the two. Sure, i could turbo charge a lude and then kill a mustage with i/h/e, but you see what i'm getting at.

If i spent equal amounts (which is really the only comparo we can make once we start "modifying" the cars) on a pony car and a japanese car, the pony car would win. Especially the more money we spend on the cars.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lightlude said:
well, true, but it depends on what you modify on the two. Sure, i could turbo charge a lude and then kill a mustage with i/h/e, but you see what i'm getting at.

If i spent equal amounts (which is really the only comparo we can make once we start "modifying" the cars) on a pony car and a japanese car, the pony car would win. Especially the more money we spend on the cars.
True, I agree with you when comparing the same type of mods with a lude and a stang. But I think when it comes to other Japanese cars, the comparison would be very different. Take a Supra for example, if you throw on I/E, and do the same to a stage, I'm sure the Supra would take the Stang. Same with the new RSX Type-S. That thing just takes mods very very well. It's completely unlike our H22, where the mods don't do too much.

So yeah, it sucks that doing the same mods to our ludes vs. a the same mods to a stang isn't too cool for us. But I think other japanese cars (depending on which ones) can hold their own, if not rip the stang a new one. It just depends on which car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts