Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got into an accident today going to work. my front bumper has a little dent and the paint is spiderwebbing and one of my signal lense is cracked. it was minor so we just let it go since he had a saturn and those dent resistent bumpers lol. any ways whos fault is it? it went like this.. we were both turning into a parking lot and this guy leaving the parking lot cut him off going like 40. so the guy in front of me hit his brakes and missed the car i on the otherhand hit his back end. so whos fault would it be?

·
Registered
482 Posts
yours

·
New Boeing Engineer
1,027 Posts
The best question to ask to find fault is "Who hit who?" Since you hit a sationary object (his car) it is you fault.

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
^^ sorry man....but it looks to be yours too. I got blamed for the first accident that I was in....at a red light, it turned green, I'm the third car back....we start movin, lady in front of me, hits the lady in front of her, an I hit the back of her....we couldn't've been goin more than 10-15 mph....lady in the front had more damage (cuz she got hit first) an I had the least I think (in a minivan, damaged license plate, small crack in the bumper....never even went into the shop) an I got blamed for it...they said that I hit the lady in front of me an pushed her into the lady in front of her :rolleyes: yeah right....at that speed, it would've been impossible, specially since there was more damage in the first car than mine an the middle :rolleyes: we had witnesses an all....an I still got blamed....stupid :nono: so you'd probably be at fault

·
Roar!
665 Posts
Zimmlude said:
The best question to ask to find fault is "Who hit who?" Since you hit a sationary object (his car) it is you fault.
Thats not always true.
You can run a light or cut somone off and they will hit you.

·
Registered
548 Posts
if you hit someone's rear, it is always usually your fault... it's hard to disprove otherwise... there are exceptions, but my insurance told me that 80% of the time, it's always the guy who rear ends' fault.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Yep they reason it like this... if you end up rear ending someone you were not giving yourself enough room to break safely and you are at fault. If he didnt have any damage I wouldnt worry about it too much. You can either go through your insurance co. to get your damage fixed and possibly have your rates go up or you can pay to get it fixed yourself and keep your rates the same. Sorry about the accident though, I know how it feels like to hurt your baby.

·
Official PO.com Fob
2,062 Posts
in situations like this, the guy who ran into the other guy (from the behind) is always at fault....that sounds so wrong :laugh: anyway, hope everything works out

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You know, a lot of people do this on purpose to file a claim with insurance and make a lot of money... Obviously not in this case though since the guy just walked away

example: me and a friend are driving, someone is tailgaiting me at high speeds, so my friend cuts me off... I know my friend is going to be cutting me off, so I slam my brakes, and the dude tailgaiting me will nail me..

Anyone got a beater they dont want anymore?;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
548 Posts
^ that's pretty shytty, i hope nobody on po would do that, no matter what they're driving.

of course the person behind u shouldn't be following that close anyways, nobody likes a tailgater but scam artists suck more.

·
IM CURED!
1,165 Posts
you still need to fix the paint on your bumper or it will start peeling and cracking more

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
fierce said:
You know, a lot of people do this on purpose to file a claim with insurance and make a lot of money... Obviously not in this case though since the guy just walked away

example: me and a friend are driving, someone is tailgaiting me at high speeds, so my friend cuts me off... I know my friend is going to be cutting me off, so I slam my brakes, and the dude tailgaiting me will nail me..

Anyone got a beater they dont want anymore?;) ;) ;)
yeah, I've heard bout people doin that too...in those situations, I'd be lookin at the license plate of the friend that cut his friend off.....cuz then you might be able to claim that they did it on purpose :( :nono: it's pretty weak, but hey, if they get away w/ it, then you gotta blame the insurance company for lettin them get away w/ it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts