Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HEy guys i finally got my prelude its a 97 base 5-speed with 141k no rust but i could see it starting to on the drivers quater panel. ill post some pictures up later if u guys are interested. im only 17 but i already work at a shop and found a couple things wrong with it and i was hoping you guys could help me out in where i could order these parts (would like to get honda parts just a little cheaper) Cam seal, valve cover, oil cooler, and oil pressure switch are leaking not too much but still wanna replace it. and the sunroof motor is super weak but idk about doing that for now. other then that it has some little dents and i love it haha any suggestions on what i should do? any input would b great thanks guys

·
Registered
599 Posts
Congrats on the lude. Im 16 too.lol
I havve a extra valve cover that ill give you for 60 shipped, the paint is chipping around the letters but you can sand it and re-paint it with high-heat paint. PM me if you want it. And i dont think an oil cooler is really necesary for a stock motor.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i meant the gasket was leaking idk what you gotta do to make the acual valve cover to leak sounds like it would b a fun night of beating the crap outa the motor to do it tho

·
Registered
599 Posts
valve cover gasket? thats easy. its a small strip of rubber that goes around the edges. You can order one at honda or a local autozone. Then take the valve cover off, take the old gasket out and line the new one up

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea ik how to do it i just wanna get a valve cover gasket set but the guys at the dealerships here rip u off like no tomorrow so i was hoping someone has a good site where u can get Honda parts decently cheap

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
You should post pics. There's bound to be somebody on this Honda Prelude board that's interested in pics of your HONDA PRELUE.

:p :laugh:

·
Pimp Member
3,949 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. As for the sunroof, try greasing up the rails, cause that should help out. Hope the T-belt has been changed on it, cause if not, you might want that to be the first thing to do with the car, then you can change some of the oil seals while changing the belt.

·
Registered
72 Posts
go to manchesterhonda.com and check out the prices for parts you can buy every single factory part from there

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. As for the sunroof, try greasing up the rails, cause that should help out. Hope the T-belt has been changed on it, cause if not, you might want that to be the first thing to do with the car, then you can change some of the oil seals while changing the belt.
^What he said.

·
Registered
146 Posts
congrats on the lude. do the timing belt job first like the others said, you can do the cam seals while you are in there.

As for parts search the internet from genuine Honda parts,shop around and you'll find a good deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts