Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering whats the best tire for say handling.. I got 2 flats from a pothole and decided to get 4 new ones. Road noise doesnt bother me much. my current tires that blew were avons. I dunno if thats a good brand or not. I just want some good handling ones because currently i got 2 sotck tires in the front and the other two in the back and im used to taking hard turns but this time i almost hit the guard rail and it scared the S**t outta me. My current size tires are 205-40-17

·
Registered
419 Posts
My recommendation is yoko Avs ES100. I have read the reviews on tirerack.com and it seems like that is one of the best tire for the price <$100

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
The correct tire size would be 215/40/17. You could look into Parada Spec2's for average street use. Or you could go with something like the Bridgestone S-03's if you are looking for a more performace based tire. Also, someone in the past mentioned that S9000's where on sale for less than $100 on TireRack, that is a good deal.

I would check out one of our sponsors to see what they can do for you --> http://www.discounttiredirect.com/ You can find the contact info for Todd @ Discount Tire Co. and the bottom of every page. :D

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
carbon-vtec said:
whats wrong with 205-40-17?
I would check and confirm that the tire can support the weight of the car. 205-40-17 is the standard Civic wheel size, not the Prelude. The overall tire diameter is smaller than stock, so your speedometer is going to read faster than your actually speed (ie. you will be going 73, and your speedo will read 75)...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts