Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey did you guys ever use goof off (water based) to remove tar? i used that stuff like a mutha on the lude cuz i had tiny mists of tar freakin EVERYWHERE and it wouldn't just come off w/ soap and water so i had to use something. it worked fine, however, i really did use it all over and i'm thinkin i hope i didn't make a huge mistake.

of course i thoroughly washed my car right after and no i didn't wax which i should've done. (tar removal took me 2 hours, that's how bad it was) i'll be washing again today and will be waxing too.

anyways, any inputs please

and suggestions for next time i have to remove hard to remove tar. thnx all

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
I never had a problem with tar,just bird crap and tree sap,I just use bug and tar remover wipes,if that doesnt work then a claybar should help

·
Tein is your Friend
470 Posts
actually what I found removes tar really good is WD40. Spray it on and let it soak. Wipes right off. The bug and tar remover wouldn't put a dent on some of the tar I had on the car.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wd40 works wonders, but hmmm i felt kinda safe w/ the goof off just cuz it's water based...

u think the citrus bases stuff would work just as well and not harm our paint? i have seen a lot of these citrus solvents these days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts