Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for a good shop that attempts to carry some Prelude stuff. I have heard of VSV Perf., but not sure if it's good or not? Prelude Princess, what shop do you go to?

Peace

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. Thanx

Where could I get in touch with some of these places? I have the VSV Perf biz card, but I don't know where else. I checked the yellow pages but couldnt really find anything? Maybe a # or what city its in

thanx for the reply

·
Registered
436 Posts
I would hardly call The Pits a good performance shop. They might be able to get you a good deal on some lightbulbs or something, but that is about it. VSV and Jotech are much better imo.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where is your shop located mugenxlude? Houston? Cause there wouldn't really be an easy way for me to get there. I'm going to go n check out VSV tomorrow

peace

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
i'm not crazy about vsv, they're not the friendliest people and i wouldn't trust them with my car. They do work really carelessly and half assed when i watch. they're so busy they try to do as much as possible. Jotech doesn't have a great reputation. Intercrew of beltline and 75 isn't bad from what I hear and there is a new shop called racing soul in plano on spring creek/75.

·
Registered
28 Posts
people starting to turn me around on concept
some of the stuff they got have been pretty cheap
intercrew has also got some pretty good prices
i've always stayed away from jotech bc of their rep

G

·
I don't like any speed shops around this area. I refuse to let VSV, Jotech, or any of those places touch my car. I have heard/seen horror stories from every shop in the DFW area.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
i agree, if you really want to do stuff to your car? get some fellow luders or friends that know what they are doing and do it yourself...save labor cost anyway, VSV has a bunch of morons in it, and there cost is extremely high.

------------------
Luder

Owner of a 94' VTEC Lude

·
Registered
436 Posts
I actually have a horror story about VSV. I had them do my springs and shocks a while back. I told them I wanted my old parts back, and when I got them it was evident that they broke the shocks trying to get them out. The suspension was also very loose feeling after the job was done and I had to take the car to my mechanic to have him find what they left loose and tighten it. I'd go there to look at parts or maybe buy something, but I'm now a fan of doing my own work.

·
Pimp Member
3,949 Posts
I usually go to Complete Auto Body or Redline to buy my stuff.

The places I know of"
-Complete Auto Body
-Redline
-Aggressive
-VSV
-JoTech
-RPM
-Alamo Autosports
-Infinite Performance

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya
I'm going to do all my work to my car, I just need a place to go and buy stuff that has some good prices. I'm not going to do a lot to my car anyways. I can do shocks, intake, exhaust, etc. so I really dont care for places to do them yourself. You know what you can do yourself, and if you mess something up, its going to be on you. I don't want to drag any legal things into it anyways. Is online the best place to get stuff?? I really dont like online because of the shipping and not being able to rely on someone dicking you over by sending you a defective/incomplete product.

peace

G

·
And you think that because you buy something in person that you won't get dicked over?

Here's a few things that I have seen/heard about a couple of those places.

VSV - when they removed a friend's side sills they screwed up the metal underneath so bad that the side sills wouldn't go back on. Looks like they literally ripped the side sills off.

Jotech - installed a set of springs backwards (front on rear, and rear on front), on a friend's SH.

Alamo Autosports - A 4Gen sway bar wouldn't fit his 5Gen, so Alamo MADE it fit. All the while telling him that "it's just a minor adjustment." They removed the heat shield on his cat, flattened the cat flange with a SLEDGE HAMMER, and bent the sway bar to make it fit.

RPM - this guy left damn business cards on my ALL the time. I know he has to advertise, but I wouldn't go there just because of this. I must have removed 10 business cards from my car over the course of a year.

Online places aren't that bad, but there are some bad ones out there. I usually get recommendations first. I have been screwed over a couple of times, but nothing major.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
9 Posts
I only trust my car with the guys at RACING SOUL. No ones really heard of them because they just opened; but, they have a lot of products in stock and can order practically anything you want. And they recently hired this guy from Endless in Houston as their mechanic. I remember them saying that he specializes in turbos for all hondas and acuras. If anyones interested, they're located at Alma and Springcreek (in Plano). lata

·
Registered
145 Posts
How are those arlington shops? I've never driven all the way out there to check out a shop, i was curious if it's worth the drive?

------------------
2000 Prelude base,
AEM CAI, 17" 5zigen Inperio S0-8's (white)
APEXi N-1 Catback
Ground Control Coilovers
Tokico Non Adjustables
FORMER MEMBER of Sindicate Racing

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its not worth driving to Arlington just to go to these shops. It would be better to stay in the Plano/Garland/Richardson area.

RPM-the mechanics there are a couple of 15 year olds.

Alamo-they installed my friends intake wrong (idiots)

Exclusiv-they ripped my friend off real bad

G

·
I still say do the work yourself, if you have the tools and the knowledge (even if you don't, find someone who does, and learn). NO ONE will treat your car as good as you would. PERIOD.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

1 - 20 of 26 Posts