Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at either Clarion, Pioneer, Sony, or Panasonic. Which is a better brand. Ive owned a pioneer before and clarion. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Most people put Clarion, Pioneer, and Alpine all about the same, quality-wise. Again, most people would put those 3 above Panasonic and Sony, at least for comparable models. Pick comparably priced models, decide which one has the features you want more, and buy that one.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I have had all of the brands mentioned above except Panasonic. Personally, I think Alpine delivers the best quality and best sound.

I have an Alpine 7977 deck and an MP3 6 disc changer and I love it. I have access to about 600 songs at the moment.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice set up willmbrk! I really like the Clarion models ive had 2 Clarion CD HU and a Clarion 12 disc changer in the past and loved it! I was just wondering if Pioneer would be a good buy to go with but i guess ill stick with good ol' Clarion. Thanks guys!

-Mike

·
the laziest luder
151 Posts
ive got the pioneer premier dhe-p740mp... no complaints here, and you can get it for like 250.00 at etronics.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know people arent real big on Sony but I have a CDX-MP40 and I'm really pleased with it. I think for the price it is a really nice MP3 player, and it matches my car real good.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I know of a couple people with them. The sony one in my opinion, doesn't deliver a *GREAT* quality sound, in where I can tell the difference between regular cd/cda files and mp3's.

I heard great things about pioneer, and know from personal experience the quality with alpine. But I'd figure they're pretty close if anything, just depends on what you like more in a deck.

`knight

·
Registered
29 Posts
quick questions for u guys, when u mentioned "sound quality" are u talking abt through RCA or straight from HU to speakers?
good as clean ? or loud " or even both?

I'm in the market for a decent mp3 players, I've used pioneer cd players for a long times, ALL got stolen 6400, 7200 & recently 9300... :( . I really liked the 740mp, good price & base on my experience with pioneer sound quality I've never been disappointed. but its never bad to see wat better HU are out there. so wat else do u guys preffer?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I have had almost every well know brand of CD player, and personally Alpine sounds the best to me. Go to a local stereo shop and listen to different HU. Believe me, you can tell the difference when you switch between head units

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have loved every Kenwood I have ever owned... D-Mask rocks.

I have a tendency to buy Kenwood head units, either MB Quart or Infinity speakers, JL Audio subs, and I really like Phoenix Gold amplifiers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts