Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to buy a cold air intake system for my Prelude Si, but i don't want something that sounds really loud. I want one that add some hp to the car, so what would be a good choice of cold air intake to get?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will that make the car sound all riced out and **** with that high pitch sound because i really dont want that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any other suggestions on other good intakes beside AEM or Injen, that arent so deep, but are really good?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
grambino9 said:
any other suggestions on other good intakes beside AEM or Injen, that arent so deep, but are really good?
there are knockoffs that are designed off either ones of those. a cai isnt that complicated of a piece. for name brand aem and injen would be the top pics, if you dont want to spend that much a ebay knock off does the job just as well.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Iceman, i have an Iceman I amsellin if you are interested. It is a two piece design that you can change froma cold air to a short ram.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
93accordEX said:
sounds like a type s airbox may be good for you.
isnt the only good thing about a type s intake is it allows people to autocross in the stock class or something. personally i think the type s intake is a waste of money.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've heard mixed results. a lot of people say they feel gains, but I haven't actually seen dynos. I think it would be more low-mid range power where most aftermarket intakes will add to the top end.

·
Registered
58 Posts
hmm... just found this interesting dyno of an h22 with an aem intake, from aem's own site.

http://www.aempower.com/pdf/dyno/21-406 1997-2001 Prelude SH CAS.pdf

the stock prelude intake does better throughout like half the graph, even near the top end a little, with the aem cai taking over at like 6000+. now I would think they would do whatever they can to make it look a little better for themselves, and Im guessing the type s intake with a good filter and no resonator would have a few hp over stock throughout the entire range, making it better than aem for most of the graph except the very top end.

·
grrrrrrr
1,574 Posts
Get the intake!! I have an Iceman myself that I just installed a month ago and I have to say - What's not to like about it? Slight improvement in performance, a sound that still gives me shivers when I go WOT (not loud around town though), and a definite improvement in MPG. I just got back from a 600 mile trip to Canada that I do every so often and there was a noticeable improvement. I used to be able to make the trip on 2 tanks but just barely - usually 2 or 3 bars on the meter when I pulled in. This time there was about 7 or 8. I was impressed. Of course you will get **** mileage at first because you will be flooring it so often :)

·
Small Town Hick
1,042 Posts
becarefull about buying CAI from ebay. i bought one for my civic. and the fit was awful. but for $50 (total) you cant complain. and it sounded awsome. i think for the prelude i will go with a name. just to ensure the good fit.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Def get the AEM CAI. It makes good power especially paired up with a good header and exhaust system. It comes with all the hardware you need and directions for the mechanically impared. I am very happy with mine. It also has the C.A.R.B. sticker that means a lot in certain places... and most of the ebay intakes won't have that. Sounds awesome too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts