Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, i got the N1 muffler.....i am going to get them to match the same size piping to the inlet on the muffler which is about 2.25 inches......OR should i stay with stock? I just want to make sure before i go spend money.....what about the sound and power differences?

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
willmbrk said:
I would go with 2.25 piping all the way
I concur. Any bigger, and you'll start to lose power...need some backpressure.

J

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I GOT IT!!! Sounds nice and deep, but the piping hangs down farther than i would like it to. I'll take a pic as soon as it stops raining....I can feel a HUGE increase of pull after 5k :)

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
How much cheaper was just getting the muffler & getting custom piping, vs buying the cat back?

J

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, i think the shop charged a little too much, but i was pleased.....i spent ~$250 for the whole thing. that is mufffler+install+2.25 inch pipe from CAT back to the muffler

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
That would be pretty cheap with you got the real Apexi N1 muffler. They usually run for about $200. But, I'm guessing you bought the offbrand one.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Actually the real N1 catback is 60mm, really close to 2.5"

You lose low end, but gain top end with 60mm. And Honda's don't really have much low end, we're more redline racing :D

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes, it said "N1 Muffler" on ebay, but what did i get??? Megan Racing.....yeah, the tip is smaller than my friends N1, but mine is more throaty and raspy than my friend's N1 with stock piping....I think mine sounds better. It was a 2.5" (60mm) inlet with a 4" tip.....I think it sounds nice. I have a Si, but i feel massive gains about 5000 RPM, plus it sounds smooth, deep, and very nice below 3000RPM.......I like :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Are you sure it didnt say "N1 Muffler style" or "N1 Style muffler"?

They try to trick you into buying it like that assuming the person wont read in between the lines, but see N1 and bid on it right away. That happens pretty often.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts