Honda Prelude Online banner

geddy evo installed but...

923 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Snoopy_cool 
#1 ·
there is a smell coming from it. i also rust-painted the exterior of the pipes and some paint got into the insides of the pipe. i'm guessing that is causing the smell. it is quite strong.

but anyways, the exhaust is pretty good. although at low rpms when the car just starts to go, it sounds kinda raspy to me (kinda disappointed a little here). at mid rpm, don't think i hear raspy sounds as much or at all. at high rpm, my aem takes over.

overall, the exhaust is fairly deep, and you can drive it quietly or loudly (which is a good thing).

will the exhaust settle or can i expect it to get louder?

istall went ok. although, one area (just before the cannister) the pipe hangs a little too low. if you were to line it up, it hangs probably as low as the bottom of the cannister.

#3 ·
Yeah - Smoothludy is right. The exhaust will get deeper & more mellow as the packing material settles in the muffler. It will sound really sweet!

The smell is definitly from the paint. It's just heating & curing when you run the car.

#5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mr_lude2000:

istall went ok. although, one area (just before the cannister) the pipe hangs a little too low. if you were to line it up, it hangs probably as low as the bottom of the cannister.
</font>

This is one of the reason I got the PE instead of the EVO. I have talked to alot of 5th Gen Lude owners that has the EVO and they say that the mid pipe tends to hand real low so they can't drop their car so much. Plus I love the PE because it sounds just like a stock exhaust during normal driving.

------------------
2000 Prelude Type SH
Premium Pearl White

MODS: AEM CAI, DC Header, Greddy PE Exhaust, Vitek Wires, AEM CamGears, AEM TruPwr Pulleys, UR Crank Pulley, Apexi V-AFC, ACT XT Clutch, DC ShortShift Adaptor, ZEX 55 Shot Nitrous

V-Spec Coilovers, DC Fr. Upper Strut Bar, CarbonFiber Hood, OEM Bodykit, 17" Nippon Racing/NittoNT555ZRs, Type S shiftknob........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.