Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be installing some indiglo gauges today after school and i'm just wondering what are the big Do's and Don'ts when i'm doing this?

------------------

·
Registered
957 Posts
Don't: Take off your needles!

Do: Take your time!

here's a hint, if you turn both needles for the gauge side you are working on to the 12 o'clock position, it makes it easy to slip on the indiglos.

·
Registered
244 Posts
DO NOT....REPETE...DO NOT!!!! remove the needles!!!It is possable to install these without doing it. So if you get frustrated take a brake. Get something to drink and try it again. I agree that linning the needles up make it easier but when I did mine I had them at the 9:00 for the left side and 3:00 for the right. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
82 Posts
GreenLude, what kind of indego did you get?
Are you installing the CDN spec. one? I mean, using km/h markings instead of MPH?
If you are, how much did you get that for?

·
Tall-Scott
649 Posts
This is gonna be hard to understand but its a good tip:
When you put the overlays on, you have to slide the edge of the overlay well under the needle base. Put the needles through the holes in the overlay and then get someone else's hand (or your own if you are pretty coordinated) and push the edge of the overlay in the slot between the stock gauge face and the base of the black needle holder thingy.
Give the overlays a little pressure in the direction of the center of the needle bases. The overlay should slide well under the needle holder thingy until it stops. This makes it much easier to get the overlay completely over the other end of the needle. If that doesn't make sense, which it probably doesn't, I'll try to clarify more. People not knowing this little nugget of info. leads to broken needles! Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts