Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
veteran sharkdiver
7,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to use the gatorback belt for the supercharger belt on my JRSC, but I need to know what the goodyear part number is for the belt that people have been using. JR calls for a 5PK0525. When we tried to look up the belt in the goodyear catalogue at my parts store, there was no 0525 belt listed. So when I got home, I pulled out the belt from the kit, and go figure, it is a Carquest belt and only has the Carquest part number on the belt, K050200.

·
veteran sharkdiver
7,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quaalude said:
off topic, but u should read this sharkcohen.....the thread says to connect the vac. line for the J&S....if disconnected, the unit will listen all the time and false knock detection might happen.....look down the page for the reply by John at J&S.....here: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=239649
Thanks for the info :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
LMAO !!! Yup ALL JRSC belts are from friggin Car Quest. I just ordered new 2 New SC belts and 1 Serpentine Belts from Jackson Racing, and when i opend the box the belts ALL came from Car Quest !! hahha

btw .... im too lazy to do a search for you... sorry =( hehehe but do a search on the Gator Belt in the FI forum and you should find a thread. i remeber a while back we talked about it and it the part number and where to order was on the thread as well.

Good Luck !!

·
veteran sharkdiver
7,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yah, I tried searching with several different combos of key words and have only been able to find 3 threads, none of which contain the part number, which is strange because I do remember reading a post a while ago that did contain the part number :shrug: That's ok though, now that I've dug the belt out of the box I'll just take it down with me and get the proper size. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Hmm, I too could have sworn there was a post with the Gatorback part #'s in them. Hell I thought I posted it myself!

Either way, here are my #'s:

5pk525 - 4050200
6pk1930 - 4060760

Always double-check by measuring the original belt first, then converting over to Goodyears numerical standard.

·
veteran sharkdiver
7,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BoYgUaN said:
wats so good bout gator belts?
the 6pk1970 belt i can get at kragen right?
Reportedly, they do not slip as easily, they do not wear out as fast, AND they have a "lifetime" warranty. Which reminds me, I better save the receipt....

You can get the 6PK1970 at Kragen in whatever brand they sell belts. Provided, of course, they have it in stock.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Which AEM pulleys can be used with the H22A4 engine and a JRSC??? I was thinking about doing AEM pulleys but wasnt sure if they were compatible. If they are, whats the advantage and which one do I get(for AEM and which belt)???

·
veteran sharkdiver
7,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
You can use both the AEM pulleys (the alternator and the power steering) with the JRSC. The correct belt numbers for using the AEM pulleys with the JRSC are in the above posts, but to once again summarize:

power steering: 4pk1065 (comes with AEM pulley kit, don't know offhand what the Gatorback number is, although I meant to get one for this belt)

alternator/ac: 6PK1970 (Gatorback number 4060775)

And for the nay sayers who believe one or the other AEM pulleys will not work with the JRSC because their installer said so for whatever reason, here is a pic that proves they work just fine with the JRSC:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
OK so I can get both pulleys then?? And for belts, I can use the stock AEM belt for the PS and a longer one for the Alternator/ac/JRSC? Is this correct??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts