Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
ive noticed, espcially in garages at school and other enclosed areas, when i am at very low speeds like starting off slowly or going in reverse i hear, for a very quick time, a very small, metallic sound when i am letting off the clutch and depressing the accelerator. now that school is over i will take it into honda - its still under warranty
- but was wondering what any of you though it might be
thanks john s.

------------------
97 black lude 5sp stock

·
Registered
15 Posts
my clutch also makes a funny sound when the clutch first engages,my guess is that it's the throw out bearing? my car has done it since new,someday I will have it looked at the dealer.

------------------

·
Registered
126 Posts
Same here, I hear that when I let off the clutch at low speed (around 5mph).

------------------
'97 Flamenco Prelude SH

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ok, this is some normal sound that comes from the spring and the clutch pedal. When you first engage the clutch, those spring(with 800lb of pressure) will scratch/bounce against the clutch pedal and that is the noise coming from. This is noticeable in 1st and some times 2nd if you engage the clutch gently with a relatively low rev.

I have the same thing on my car and I have checked with a few mechanics with over 20 years of experiences and they confirmed that with me. So I would just be happy and dirve the car a little bit harder and everything is perfect again. Our cars are designed to be driven hard, so....

------------------
1999 Prelude 5spd
Premium Pearl White
0-60 6.7s 1/4 [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts