Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just recently i was driving to work and my fuel/temp gauges got dim and then started smoking and stopped working. the rest of the cluster on that side remained functional but replacing the whole unit is the only way and not just that screen. i saw that slipknot95758 was parting out a 95 SE so i bought that instrument panel plus the EL gauges and the complete uncut harness. what im pretty much looking for is something that i can at least skim through so that i have some idea of what im jumping into. every link for writeups for the el gauge swap only focus on splicing your old harness and links to pictures are all broken. so if someone can point me in the right direction without screaming "SEARCH BUTTON!" id really appreciate it!

mostly just trying to figure out how long this is gonna take since i dont wanna get into it if its gonna take more time than i have today to do it.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
i pulled all that stuff for you in about 25 min.

ill help you out and get that page from my helms for you and host it here so you can see how to take everything apart
gime a few min

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
haha, ok.

i shoulda just pmed you about it in the first place but didnt even think of it till i was already done posting and was in the shower.

im just trying to do it on my day off here and the weather is super nice here in jax beach so im trying to go out and do some things.

also wondering if i have to take off door paneling since it seems the harness has the tweeter wires and then some, i just replaced the plastics around the locks since they broke when prev owner tried to remove the panels.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
ok maybe 10-15 im saving my helms pdf as jepg files and thats just shy of 1500 images. and i need like 950 is so when it gets there i can host it.

this will be a better copy than if i scanned it from my actual book

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
ok i got everything in there but one thing, the needles and odometer light up but the numbers do not! anyone whos done this conversion lemme know how the heck i get these things to light up!!!

edit: just did a quick search to find that im missing the silver inverter box! slipknot, can you send me the inverter box? if you want a lil for shipping ill send it, i just need it quick, i wont be able to see anything on there at night!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts