Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who has Full Coverage Insurance.
Debating wheather to keep it insured fully.. or just go with a mix plan of Liabiality.. and like just theft. Or some other mixed plan.

Any ideas?

What kind of plan do you guys/gals have?

My car is Paid In full, I paid off my car loan last year... I got 80,000 miles on it, Its a 1998.

I am paying alot for my full coverage, lets just put it that way.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have to have full coverage due to not having paid off...

But I have a SR22 for driving without insurance, I have a 98 with just about the same amount of miles.

I have to go through Safe Auto because of the SR22, but it goes down every 6 months... My insurance for full coverage is now down to $258 a month. I'm 23 and live in Cols. OH... I just feel alot safer with Full Coverage.

I would keep it... you never know when it will come in handy.

I need to get some sort of other insurance with someone else because i have after market parts and my crappy insurance co. doesnt cover that stuff...

So i'm going to go find out this next week how much it for add ons with another co.

·
my cat's name is mittens
479 Posts
keep it....i have a friend and her car was hit in a parking lot when she was working. then she told her dad and she found out he switched it to liability a week ago

so now she got a huge dent she cant fix

·
Still a Mugen Whore..Damn
169 Posts
You should keep full coverage.

You should drop it when your premiums exceed what you could get back if the car was totaled.

In other words, keep full coverage until your car is only worth 2 or 3 thousand dollars.

I have a 98 SH that I bought new. It's paid off, but I continue to carry full coverage because it's still worth a lot.

Keep in mind, Comprehensive and Collision covers damage that YOU do to the car.

I had a 95 Integra GSR that was totalled by a girl who ran a red light in 98. Her insurance policy paid for my car.

If I had been at fault, my insurance policy would have paid for my car under the Collision coverage and her car under the Liability coverage.

The Insurance company has to pay you RETAIL for your totalled car. If that accident had been my fault and I only had liabilty coverage, I would have screwed myself out of a check for $15,500! I would have gotten $0 and had a totalled car!

·
Registered
123 Posts
wow, some of you are paying alot for full coverage. I'm 26, in Cali and has a 99 SH with 82k miles. I am paying $140 a month. But when i was in Mich a year ago, the rate was like 1400/6 months due to the no-fault insurance in MI.

·
On the 2nd Prelude
1,757 Posts
I pay 129 a month for full coverage. and I only pay that 9 months out of the year. :) 25, 97 base. I'd keep the coverage. I had laibility only on my last car, a 91 CRX. but only because at the time full coverage for me (115 in a 55 speeding ticket) was 3200 a year on it. so I wasn;t that pissed when I hit a deer and got $0 from insurance, but it still sucked.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Vapor and allaw- The reason you guys pay so little is because you guys are over the 25 year old mark. Once anyone gets over that hump, car insurance drops dramatically.

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all.
So I guess I cant get a mix type of policy..
so I guess I will stick with the Full Coverage.

·
Registered
469 Posts
DeadFish said:
Thanks all.
So I guess I cant get a mix type of policy..
so I guess I will stick with the Full Coverage.
You can cut collision (crashes that are your fault) and keep comprehensive (theft, vandalism, fire) and uninsured motorist (for crashes that are not your fault but the other driver doesn't have insurance).

·
Still a Mugen Whore..Damn
169 Posts
You can cut collision (crashes that are your fault)
If he drops collision on his car and gets in an accident that's his fault, He would get $0 for his car!:nono:

His car is worth too much to drop full coverage. It would be a mistake.

I have full coverage on my 98 SH and I pay 47.93 a month.

100/300/100

500 Deductible Comp & Collision

That's 575.16 a year for full coverage from State Farm.

·
On the 2nd Prelude
1,757 Posts
rendeljr said:
Vapor and allaw- The reason you guys pay so little is because you guys are over the 25 year old mark. Once anyone gets over that hump, car insurance drops dramatically.
Been paying that for over a year now. I turned 25 a week ago.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts