Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new one thanks to Jon but I have no idea how to get the old one out, I can't reach that bolt worth the life of me so I just plugged in the new one and stuck it up there with some electrical tape (yes Im ghetto fab).......

anyone have any suggestions on how to get to that bolt? I don't really want to take apart my whole dash.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
That's the same thing I did. That damn bolt for the bracket is impossible to get to without taking the dash apart.

·
Registered
419 Posts
ha...ha...ha...I remember when I did mine, I hated the car for the whole day and I cursed honda for make so da!m hard to work on:mad: but this is what I did, take the new one apart by sliding it off both taps, play with it for a while it will come out. Do the same with the old one.....ackward position to be in:laugh: and try to do the same. I used a cutter with a safety guard. when you finally get the old one out, slide the new one in and connect the rest of the relay.:cool:

·
Registered
762 Posts
there's a tab that you push on the metal bracket. Push that while pushing the relay forward (towards the streering wheel) and pull it straight down. You'll have to be in the most awkward position in order to reach it though. Goodluck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts