Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had this damn fuel rail sitting here for over a year just staring me in the face and screaming to put it on. I originally got it for my nitrous setup, but that is long since gone... so there really wasn't a point in putting it on. But, I decided I wanted something to do, so I decided to tackle the project.

First off, thanks to dohcpower for the exceptional writeup in the FAQ section.

The install was pretty easy, took about an hour with all the running back to the computer to look and see what else I needed to do. My hands wreak of gasoline, and this cut I had stings like hell. The fuels rail looks cool though so I guess it was all worth it. I would assume that cleaning the fuel injectors is what made my car pull so much harder in VTEC, because I am skeptical that it would be the fuel rail that made the difference. The car idles smoother, feels more responsive, and is definately quicker in VTEC.

Bottom line, clean your fuel injectors if you never had, because it seems to make a huge difference. My car only had 44k miles on it, and they were all full of sludge.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
how exactly did you clean the injectors?I thought the only real way to clean injectors were to have them sent off to a company like rc engineering

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
why not use the additives like FUEL injector cleaner? wouldnt that help as well?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had so much grime and junk that was sitting were the nozzel was it was gross. Grab an old shirt and clean all the junk out, then dip it into some gas and clean the rest of the sludge out with that. No you can't clean them all the way through, but you sure can get all the junk off the nozzle.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
SK Honda 7 said:
why not use the additives like FUEL injector cleaner? wouldnt that help as well?
maybe as a last resort. lots of times "miracle" products like that are just some generic additive. Kinda like how zmax is actually mineral oil.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Fuel injector cleaner works ok. If your injectors are seriously gunked up, your gonna need to manualy clean them.

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
Toretto said:
Fuel injector cleaner works ok. If your injectors are seriously gunked up, your gonna need to manualy clean them.
how would you know if they are really gunked up?
how do you take them out?
would injectors on my 30k lude be that dirty???

Reason i'm asking is that i wanna do my own 30K tune up ...and i wanna cover everytrhing in 1 shot and make my baby run like new again.

what injector cleaner is the best one to use??

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SK Honda 7 said:

how would you know if they are really gunked up?
how do you take them out?
would injectors on my 30k lude be that dirty???

Reason i'm asking is that i wanna do my own 30K tune up ...and i wanna cover everytrhing in 1 shot and make my baby run like new again.

what injector cleaner is the best one to use??
Go into the FAQs and look for the the fuel rail install instructions. Its really simple to pull the injectors out. Mine were gross for 45k, but maybe that's a MI thing.

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
TimeRacer said:
My injector nossles were perfectly clean at 70k right after running half a talk of Regane. The plastic outer layer was black, but the porcelin was clean.
where do you get Regane from and how much?

·
Putt Putt...Vroom Vroom!
2,821 Posts
TimeRacer said:
My injector nossles were perfectly clean at 70k right after running half a talk of Regane. The plastic outer layer was black, but the porcelin was clean.
i checked my injectors at 60k, and the porcelin parts were clean; though the outer areas were dirty as hell, haha

·
Premium Member
3,033 Posts
Autozone, Pepboys, Walmart, Kmart, Target.... you can get it anywhere. Whether or not it's in stock is another question... If I can't find it on my first try at the store I just buy a case of it online.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts