Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this question mainly goes to 71dsp regarding his previous article...

is an adjustable fuel pressure reg. worth it with just i/h/e mods? how much tuning is involved?

i always thought this sort of mod is good for F/I people.

·
0 Posts
Depends on how well your car responds to it. I hate to say it, but the only way to really tell is buy one, play around with the fuel pressure on a dyno (with an AF meter, DON'T PLAY WITH IT ON THE STREET....), and see if you get some gains. If you get some decent gains, then it's money well spent, if not, then you have an expensive underhood decoration.

I have no idea if your car could benefit from it. Maybe it will, but maybe not. Sorry.

I know I will need one to get the fuel mixture dialed in. A rough adjustment you might say, then I will use the VAFC to fine tune things.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks!

so are you getting the aem fpr? or b&m? or stillen? or...

ps: good morning!

[This message has been edited by jkoc (edited April 01, 2001).]

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jkoc:
cool thanks!

so are you getting the aem fpr? or b&m? or stillen? or...

ps: good morning!

[This message has been edited by jkoc (edited April 01, 2001).]
</font>
AEM. My stock fuel pressure regulator does not fit on the Euro R fuel rail. Instead of buying a stock Honda fuel pressure regulator and the B&M, I will just get the AEM. The AEM has a wider adjustment range as well (20 psi to pump max). Plus, the AEM mounts on the stock mount, so I don't have to hunt for a place to mount it in the engine bay.

Yeah, good morning, damn daylight savings time!

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

1 - 4 of 4 Posts